Opinion on septum piercings?

I've been thinking about getting one for a while. I would probably get a horseshoe so I could flip it up if I needed to.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have one and I love it.

Sidenote: the 'horsehoe' jewelry (aka circular barbell) doesn't actually flip up into the nostrils. You'll need something called a retainer to do that.

• False. I wear a horse shoe in mine and its flipped up almost always

• It felt like being punched in the nose? Wat? When I went the piercer that did my septum nearly stuck the needle through my nostril when he did my septum because it cut like butter (he's a good piercer, so it's not like he fucked up or summat). That's weird, but I guess everyone's anatomy is different @Killer-Queen

• I dunno man, I suspect he lost his grip because there was a fleeting millisecond delay and that's when I pulled back and it just felt like getting smacked with a shovel. But I'd do it again - I'm happy with it. It was some random place in Calgary.

What Guys Said 9

• I really like the septum piercing

• Tbh, I hate piercings and I think they're very unattractive but if you like them then you should get it.

• My ex has one. She got it a few months ago and her parents don't even know because of what you described. All and all it just depends on the person if they look good.

• It's ugly to me.

• What is that peircing?

• I don't really like piercing's at all but it's your decision

• Not a fan myself

• They look weird. Ruin the face.

• Do you want to look like cattle? Then go for it :)

What Girls Said 6

• What's holding you back? Scared of the way itll look on you, what people think, job wise, or what? Because if you like it, why not get it? That's what I think. Your body, your way. (:

• ... I've had mine for six years now. it smells bad and it looks awful on a lot of people
    just an fyi.

• You must be filthier than pig shit; Mine doesn't stink.

• They stink when they heal idiot. You sound burnt

• hahaha He's burnt. But yea, they do stink when they heal. That's when you know it's time to clean that mothafucker out.

• I have one and I love it. It's a pain when you first get it because you'll bump it a LOT. You'd be surprised how often you touch your nose in a day.

• I'm thinking about getting one too this fall. I'm just going to try a fake one first though and see if I look right with it.

• I hate them. It looks unattractive on everyone. But I have a friend who loves women who have them.

• i dont like them.