Would you be insulted if your lover told you, you were a 6.5/10? Also would you think that compliments about your appearance would be lies?

Just to clarify she asked me and I didn't want to answer because I know she's very insecure about her appearance. After lots of pressure I finally did. I honestly think she's above average and an overall attractive girl. However she is practically ripping her hair out because I told her she's 6.5 which she views as "low" Also keep in mind that on this 1-10 scale, 1 is fugly, 5 is dead even (average) and 10 is supermodel status. Please answer both questions in the title thanks. She is also well aware that looks are not important to me as long as the girl is 5 or above (she's known this practically sense we've met)

• Yes I'd be insulted and the compliments would be lies
  • Yes I'd be insulted but the compliments would not be lies
  • No I wouldn't be insulted but the compliments would be lies
  • No I wouldn't be insulted and I would believe the compliments
by the way she thinks I'm a 6.5 too.
Uhh... we are all entitled to our own opinions and I respect everyones, however some of these reactions just blow my mind "TELL HER SHE'S AN 8 SO SHE'LL BE HAPPY" sorry I don't LIE TO PEOPLES FUCKING FACES if they want honesty. I will not be reading or replying to this question anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd feel hurt, and I wouldn't believe any compliments at that point (I have an all-or-nothing mentality about my own looks, which I know is a problem). But I wouldn't hold it against my boyfriend either, because I've always encouraged the guys I date to actually be honest. If the truth hurts, then at least I'll be aware that I've got something I want to work on.

As long as you weren't being cruel about it, it's fine. Don't start lying about things like this (but always be considerate how you say it).

• Thanks for MHO.

What Girls Said 14

• thats an insult. there are guys who think im a 10 so i would rather be with one of them than a guy who says im 6.5 even after knowing my insecurities. thats what i would think if i were her. you handled that totally wrong - you should have said she is a 10!

sorry but you aren't going to insult my looks and think you gone still get this pussy anymore. find you a 10 and go fuck her!

• If he was your boyfriend, would you want him to lie?

• Well I don't think lying is the answer either. I told her she's beautiful and I've been telling her that since we've met because it's true. I didn't think that telling my girl she's above average would "tear her down"

• Yes, lie to me. If i ask if am i prettier than Beyonce then you better say i am. if not then go find beyonce and see if she'll let you fuck because i won't be.

telling your girlfriend that she is 6.5 implies that she is not that attractive because there are plenty women who are 7s, 8s, 9s, and 10s. it is saying in a roundabout way that you are not that pleased with her appearance and that other women are more attractive and desirable than her. if that is the case, then why are you not with them? when talking about your partners looks, never say anything that isn't an absolute compliment.

If you had been more thoughtful and just "lied" then you wouldn't be in this situation right now

• dude for real? fail, no pussy for you now dumb ass... and an 8 would have been understandable, but if you really wanted to make her happy and get your dick wet why not say 10? I don't get why your even dating her?, id feel used and pissed off, id walk.

• Umm... way to assume it's all about the pussy. Also way to assume it's only me who wants/needs sex. I'm not doing it to put on a show, she wanted to truth so I gave it to her.

• well i hope it was worth it, for her happiness and yours, sometimes the "truth" has a time and place and that was not your place.

• curious though is she over it now? I don't think she will ever heal from that, someone you love should see past you flaws and she wanted an ego boost from her lover, if she wanted the god honest truth she could have used a rate me question online somewhere.

• Maybe she is offended because in her rating system a 6.5 is not that good. People have diferent rating systems. For me 6.5 is low as well, I'd be only happy with a 8 in is eyes, because I think 8 means "attractive person that I would date", so everything lower than that is low.
    She seems very insecure, so it's normal if now she thinks you're lying. I'd be hurt and insecure as well. Tell her that the meaning of your 6.5 means "attractive person that I would date" and not just "acceptale looking person". Try to show her that you find her attractive and that you realy love her 10/10.

• Honesty is worth more in a good relationship than anything else. Also, looks are subjective. If she couldn't live with the answer, she shouldn't have asked the question! And like you said, it's not all about looks. Attraction and compatibility aren't all based on looks alone. If you didn't want to be with her, you wouldn't be... end of story.

• If I were dating, yes I be insulted if a man that's already out of HS was still into using a 1-10 scale on looks.

• I agree with your ratings i feel like 6 is above average looking but at the same time putting myself in her shoes, if I was insecure and someone (especially someone i really liked) rated me a 6.5 i would most likely think they weren't as attracted to me as I thought. Because although you believe a 6 means someone is attractive, to most people a 6 is considered average or not so attractive. A 7 is when people start to take it as a compliment

• No i wouldn't be insulted. But i would not want him to rate me. So i would not ask him. I just hope he likes me the way i am.

• yes i would be. did she rate you a 6.5 because you rated her the same?

• I would not be insulted but maybe a bit hurt? I think.
    And that compliment would be a lie from my eyes. :p

• You should at least tell her what she needs to do to be a 7, don't you think?

• i would expect to be a 10 in my mans eyes.

• 10s are very rare to come by let alone one who would want to be with me. I think that is asking a lot. This is purely physical.

• maybe its just how i've always had it. i feel like i should be almost perfect to my man. at least thats what society says. i honestly dont ask for rates. "you're beautiful" is enough for me lol

• yeah brooo like at least a 7.. im sure she has to be beautiful at least in your eyes... never ever rate girlfriend that low... you should have said "bae I think you a 10", since it is your opinion alone... yupp i would have be disheartened after that.

• I'm not perfect. If my man points it out tho... he won't be my man anymore. I'll go find a smarter man.

• I would never ask that in the first place (and she really shouldn't have either), but if my boyfriend said I was a 6.5 while he's being calling me beautiful and stunning all this time, then yeah I'd be insulted and not believe another compliment he said. You couldn't just round up to a 7 at least dude? Sigh lol.

What Guys Said 10

• The most important thing about our rating is that it indicates our ability to attract a mate. But, in the situation you described, you are already slipping her the bone, so I think she is over-reacting. It is probably a matter of perception. I think of a 6.5 as being a cute girl-next-door type and I'd be happy to wake up with a 6.5 every day for the rest of my life. She may think of a 6.5 as a skank ho. Maybe you should come up with some pictures of celebrities who you would rank as a 6.5 so she has something tangible for a comparison.

• I think you have fallen into the trap of the rating system from the internet - I actually believe it is not 1 to 10 but somewhere in the region of 4/5 to 10 - You thought you were giving a above average mark but on her internet scale it was quite low.

• God, this is why numbers ratings are so damn stupid. All this drama, and for what?

She shouldn't have pestered you like she did, but you should have known better than to give in to her pestering.

Also, I understand the desire for being honest, but how are you with someone that you see as a 6.5? I just can't imagine that, personally.

• Because 5 is average. Anything above 5 is good looking. I don't care how the girl looks as long as she's average or above. Everything over 5 is just a plus.

• There is no one scale. I've noticed a lot of people here seem to think 5 is more like ugly and 7-8 is more average.

• I know from a numbers standpoint 5 being average makes sense but in real life average is about a 7 in my opinion. The physical difference between average and hot is not nearly as large as the difference between average and 'what the fuck kind of demon spawned you'. In her eyes, she probably considered your rating as a slap in the face because she views that as below average. And really, you should think your girlfriend is above average.

• There is such a thing as tact. Some people use the truth as a way to hurt. That is nasty. But the fact of the matter is that you should choose a woman that thinks you are better than a 6.5 out of 10. If this one doesn't, then leave her and tell her she deserves a man who can be better than a 6.5 and that you would like a woman that finds you better too.
    I'd leave the woman.

• 6.5 means above average but not cute in my opinion, so you are just okay. Yes, if she starts saying "you're so handsome" and "you're so cute" n shit like that, I'd think its lies

• I personally think she's over reacting. Different people's ratings mean different things. I have 10/10s other guys would say 8 and I've seen many mainstream beautiful women I give 8 at best (e. g. cameron russell), it depends a lot on your preference of the hundreds of types of physical appearances.

• You're a dead man walking

• Dude...
    You should have tap danced until she left you alone about it.

• She's very good at interrupting my tap dances, she starts guessing and/or assuming very negative responses.

• You have to power through it or throw out the "I can't reduce you to a number" type stuff.

@ update: Did she tell you that before you told her that she was a 6.5?