I feel like I'm overweight, what do you think? And do you think crossfit would be ideal for me? Pic here?

I'm 16 and 5'1, I weigh 145 pounds.. I do kickboxing 3 times a week and go running every other day 2 miles. I really want to get down to the 120s or 130s. I'm also pretty strong and really dedicated.. Do you think crossfit would be a good way to get toned and lose some weight soon? Please help?
I feel like I'm overweight, what do you think ? And do you think crossfit would be ideal for me ? Pic here ?

Most Helpful Guy

• As someone who works in the fitness industry ( soon to be a professional trainer ) and who bodybuilds ( 5 days a week ) and does a variety of martial arts ( 3 days a week ) I can honestly say you don't look overweight or fat. And you sound like you're doing everything right, if you really want to tone though I would suggest strength training, heavy weight 6 reps 3 sets. I do that and in addition to being pretty strong I am very toned, this about were I am toned wise, minus the six pack abs I don't have those yet -_-. Except unlike that picture I have better definition on individual muscles.

2.bp.blogspot.com/.../...fat+jacked+trim+toned.jpg

Strength training is really the best way to get stronger and more toned, but honestly I think you're fine just the way you are but if you want to improve yourself then go for it, there is always room for improvement no matter how strong, fast, big or fit you get.

Also FYI what you have is muscle weight which looks different then fat weight if you compare someone who is 145lbs of muscle weight to someone who is 145lbs fat weight trust me you'd see a difference.

What Guys Said 22

• I think you look great just the way you are.

• I think a lot of your weight might be fitness/muscle and muscle weighs heavier than fat. Your pic looks fine to me and cross fit is a good cardio workout.

• Why would you want to lose more weight? You're a perfect size where you're at right now. Stay just like that!
    10/10. Would date.

• Don't focus on the your weight. Check your fat percentage far more important base for healthy body. You can weight more but look thinner if you change this numbers while of course keeping it into a healthy level.

I recommend NOT doing crossfit there is to many risks of injure due to the way they do the exercises. I do Freelectics myself and find it much better

• Yes, you do have some weight that you could cut and some toning you could do, but you are definitely not overweight.

• You look great, don't worry about crossfit and other fads like that. Enjoy life knowing you're looking fine!

• you're not overweight also crossfit is always a bad choice to get fit because they use terrible form... just do regular weight training and your body will "tone up"

• You have a beautiful body, just keep doing what you're doing. Your weight is from the Muscle you built

• You have an awesome body. There is no way in hell you are 5'1 and 145 lbs.

• Haha thx! And that's what every one says but I swear the scale says that

• Do you workout a lot? Maybe you just have bug bones or a lot of muscle mass. Muscle weighs more than fat afterall.

• Wow u r a perfect 10 that's crazy good u don't need to change a thing

• wow you're heavy but weight isn't something to worry about if you're healthy. easiest way would be to lose your muscle but that's stupid

• You look fine already. If you wanna lose weight, eat a little less

• What? lol your body is great. Judging by the picture most of your weight is for sure not fat. Probably muscle.

• You look good, that is a very normal weight. I would keep up the kickboxing and running as opposed to crossfit honestly. I know several people who have injured themselves doing it.

• thinking nope

• You look great. Don't change a thing, you have nice curves.

• can i see a side pic?

• You look absolutely fine but if you want to lose a little weight then yes do crossfit.

• You are nowhere near overweight in my opinion u look great

• Hmmm... 145 is pretty high but I don't see all of it in you. Interesting. I say just eat healthy and exercise to have the best body.

• You again? Quit posting this over and over again.

• You are not at all overweight. Judging by the picture alone I'd say that you have an average (and very beautiful) body type. And if you are working out that much then you are probably in very good shape. All in all, no, I don't think you should worry about losing weight.

What Girls Said 15

• kudos to u for showing us that a 145lb girl can look SEXY AF. i think u look great but if u have a goal, id say focus on ur midsection with some exercises focusing on obliques and also get them thighs even thicker =]

good luck!

• you have an interesting body, i can tell it's more muscle than fat that's making you "overweight" You have A LOT of potential, much more than most, because naturally, you are a strong muscular girl. However, you're not sculpting yourself right, you may need to get a trainer just to get you on the right path to toning your body. I'm the same height, but a different body, i'm more petite, but wish i was more bulkier, but toning is the key, and with your natural build, strength training may be key to toning your bod so it looks killer. Like i said you have tons of potential, just need to adjust how you work out...

• Thank you so much! Very helpful. You're gorgeous by the way 💖

• Thank you! you look like you would be fun to wrestle (and lose) :)

• okay so i'm about your height (give or take half an inch) but i weigh 125 one thing that's helped me tone is cutting out a lot of grains that i eat (grains really are empty calories plus if you have acne this can also cut that down) and doing cardio type stuff (tennis, dance and just generally working out) i also do a lot of running and squats for toned calves. One thing i've learned is that if you don't love who you are before you lose weight you won't be satisfied once you do, so embrace those curves!

• Looking at your pic, you are not fat. You have a high bmi, so it must be muscle mass. You can go down, but have your muscle/fat ratio measured in your gym and then you can define a realistic weight drop. If you have a lot of muscle, 120 pounds may be unrealistically low.

• Not fat. Your weight has to do with the muscles gained. Naturally you are heavier than say someone who is 110-120 standing at 5'1 to 5'3.

• man you're not overweight

• I think you look great! You look healthy and you're the right combination of fit and soft still. I weigh as much as you do and I love my shape, just pick a healthy weight that you enjoy your body at the most.

• I used to weigh the same as you. Now I weigh 133 lbs. Don't give up. It seems like it took me forever to lose weight.

• HUGE UPS re the kick boxing + running!!! = ***TOTALLY AWESOME****

Do the cross fit also, but more importantly, focus on having a "whole
    foods only" diet.

ie: No processed food or drinks + no junk food + no alcohol.

• girl!!! your perfect!! =D you have a super cute figure and you don't need to worry about being over weight. but working out is good, and for your height, weighing a little less wouldn't hurt.

• you look fine dear

• Yeah you look fine

• BBW ...#BBW

• 1) If you're 16, 5'1' and weigh over 130, then you're overweight. 2) Combine stupid with dangerous and you will get crossfit, so I wouldn't advise that. 3) Your weight is 80% what you eat and only 20% exercise, so focus on the former.

• You look fine