Why are so many guys on here quick to give women such high ratings on their looks?

I'm I the only one who sometimes notices when a girl ask a rate me question
even if she's not all that attarctive (no offense) to anyone who's not that
guys will give them ratings like 6, 7, 8 etc? Whereas men would get
avearge or below average ratings from women.

Most Helpful Girl

• Women can be savage and won't be judged. It's just a double standard i guess.

What Girls Said 5

• I agree completely. I think the guys here are extremely desperate and would give anyone that is a registered female a high score just cause she's breathing. It's really not productive when they are asking this question. They want honesty, and either the guys are blind, retarded, or think they are gonna score with below average looking girls here by giving them way above average ratings. Plus what if a girl who IS really hot asks to be rated, then how is that gonna look when you give her a 10, when you just gave an average/below average looking girl a 10, when they obviously are not in the same league!

• guess girs here are superficial and vain and retarded too if they ask to be rated. why would you generalise all males like that? smh...

• "either the guys are blind, retarded, or think they are gonna score with below average looking girls " i found that insulting so i was returning the equivalent. so you could see it.

• I stand by what i said,

• Because a lot of guys on GAG are thristy af.

• i think guys on here tend to have lower standards. they will call certain girls hot who look like the typical plain janes in real life. then a girl who actually is hot, some of them will make negative comments like she is too high maintanence or fake looking

• Makes sense I mean I sometimes so I don't look like a jrk.

• wait explain "standard." they look like "plain janes" to you obviously, how can you know what men are thinking? seems to me females always think lower of other females. that's why females such as yourself refer to those specific girls as "plain janes." what gives you the right to set the standard? most "hot" girls as deemed by other girls don't have a lot of class, at least to me.. (hypocritical of me, i know). at the end of the day, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" or some shit. Anyways, i digress, im not trying to fight or anything :D. just a thought!

• @bigboi22 I can set a standard who is plain just like you can set a standard on who u find attractive. It's just opinion that's all. I don't know what u mean by hot girls not having class I just go by looks when judging who's hot. Personality has nothing to do with it. I don't know what men are thinking but it seems like guys on this site have lower standards bc they go crazy for girls who wouldn't get a second look by most guys in real life

• I thought I was the only one who notice that. Dont get me wrong, I've seen girls who ask those "how do I look" question that are cute but some of them look homely tbh & the guys say, "u look pretty girl" knowing damn well a girl like her offline isn't gonna turn heads. But hey if they genuinely find her attractive (& they're not just horny or desperate) then whatever lol

• because woman are more brutal, and some guys find unattractive woman attractive. that's my guess.

What Guys Said 11

• I am not so sure about the all guys are thirsty theory - I personally don't rate but I try to be a positive as possible - I believe we are dealing with someone self esteem male or female - I honestly view this whole area as giving people a boost nothing more, nothing less.
    I have no idea why females might be harsher or why there maybe "thirsty" males out there. I really just answer to myself.

• I don't know I don't like rating because numbers are meaningless to me and if I do find them attractive I just say that they're cute/adorable and complement their facial features eyes/smile etc but same goes with guys here and I usually say some homosexual things since I have a weird sense of humor when complimenting guys and they appreciate it *must be a guy thing*

• In my experience the premise of your question is faulty.

I've never seen a straight-up unattractive girl on GAG post a "how do I look" question, maybe because they're anticipating the feedback. But I suppose most dudes, rather than answering girls they find unattractive with critical feedback, would just remain silent. There's no real upside, for anyone, to telling someone they aren't attractive.

• I'm always honest with them, I wouldn't like to be fooled by girls either.
    Maybe their taste is different from yours.

But I agree that you can categorize looks - up to model status.
    So, it's possible to be more objective for guys.
    Perhaps, they just want compliments back from the girls they rate :P

• They're desperate and maybe they think the girl will start talking to them if they give a high rating.
    Funny thing is the girl asking usually replies to the guys who give her a low rating xD

• Yes because this world nowadays, most men believe that after money is woman. So they need to rate woman special no matter what as long as it is the woman the man wanted so he needed to rate her high more than average. *smiles*

• Because guys are generally not as picky as girls are of who they find attractive as they have less criterias to meet (biological reasons).

When it goes further than just superficial/sexual attraction, the criterias increase obviously.

• Women are more emotional and males aren't we are highly attracted looks because we are vision oriented and women need you to be like 8 9 10 for to be attracted otherwise you can talk a girl into liking you if she sees you as average but you need game and finesse

• They're desperate virgins who think that, "this is my shot!"

• Because nerds probably still virgins, Wk gonna Wk bruh baha

• These thirsty dicks do this flattering for mere attentions and expect favours from them.