On a scale of 1 to 10 how important are looks to you?

Now I know looks are not everything I am just wondering how highly people rate it. I have done the poll so you can be anonymous.

• To me looks are between 1 to 2
  • To me looks are between 3 to 4
  • To me looks are a 5
  • To me looks are between 6 to 7
  • To me looks are between 8 to 9
  • To me looks are a 10

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a hard question since I can't really rate it.

Looks are important but so is the personality. Since if you have a shitty personality but look hot. That isn't really going to make up for that. There needs to be a balance of having an awesome personality and attractive looks. But not everyone thinks the same person looks attractive. One extremely hot guy could be less attractive to other people. My boyfriend is extremely attractive and his looks and personality to me is over 9000. To other people they might not think the same.

What Girls Said 2

• Probably a 7. I think looks are important to a certain degree. I would not be interested in dating someone I am not physically attracted to. That wouldn't be fair to myself or to the other person. However, physical attraction is only one aspect of a relationship. So, looks are not the only thing that matters to me. An attractive face may initially grab my attention but it won't make me stay in a relationship if the guy has a bad personality.

• 6-7 for me.

What Guys Said 15

• Looks are undeniably vital in a normal relationship, if there is no attraction, there is no point.
    The question should not be how important are looks, but what looks are preffered.
    I mean, some guy on this could put 9-10 meaning he only wants to fuck models because he finds the the hottest, but I could put 9-10 and mean I like overweight , average faced women (which I do).
    So it all down to preference on looks. Not how important they are.

• If thou must love me, let it be for nought
    Except for love’s sake only. Do not say,
    “I love her for her smile—her look—her way
    Of speaking gently,—for a trick of thought
    That falls in well with mine, and certes brought
    A sense of pleasant ease on such a day”—
    For these things in themselves, Belov├Ęd, may
    Be changed, or change for thee—and love, so wrought,
    May be unwrought so. Neither love me for
    Thine own dear pity’s wiping my cheeks dry:
    A creature might forget to weep, who bore
    Thy comfort long, and lose thy love thereby!
    But love me for love’s sake, that evermore
    Thou mayst love on, through love’s eternity.

hehehehe

• if u wanna go serious for someone then i guess it'd be better to tone it down somehow like 5-6/10... otherwise i don't see it as bad if it's 8-9/10

• Well. If a girl isn't goodlooking (at least a 7 out of 10 on the scale of prettiness (not this scale)) I'd never approach her. So if I wouldn't find a girl attractive, I wouldn't put myself out there and get to know her.

So: looks determine attraction and personality determines if the attraction stays

• Looks are like advertising, they get your attention and can shape your perception and enjoyment but they don't objectively make the product any better.

• I can't rely rate.. But I would say if the girl is good looking + I like her... then she is the one I would make my girlfriend...
    I have liked girls who are like 6... And I also like girls who are 8 so it depends on little bit of looks and more on personality...

Cause after you are gonna turn 40 or 30 personality if gonna keep you around... Cause at that time looks start fading...

• I would say probably a 3/4

• I put 10. Looks are the foundation to whether I want to pursue anything. If she's not attractive then nothing will develop.

• I think looks are important in the sense I would not be interested in dating someone I am not physically attracted to, however if attracted to her, then it's not important at all.

So, what's that on your scale?

• I'd say 7ish. I need that physical attraction.

• Not that important to meh. 6 or 7 suffices

• I'd say between 7-8 since I base whether I approach of looks but I stay for the personality.

• I tend to like 6 and above, but if you have a nice curvy body you'll have me looking..

• looks aren't important... it's more about personality.

• To me looks matter so much