I hate my face... Any tips for confidence?

I've been called cute many times and people imply I'm pretty and all but I hate my face. I have a good body but every time I look in the mirror or at myself in a picture I feel so much self hatred it's unreal. How can I feel better about myself because this is really affecting me?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's ok I've had that happen too, in fact I still don't fancy my face, it's just I don't beat myself over it anymore, and that's what you should do, instead of focusing on your outside features, focus on your inside features of what makes you, you. For example; is there anything you are good at? say singing or playing an instrument, then you should focus on your talents and work to improve them to impress yourself how truly wizard you are. Just remember to not beat yourself up for you.

What Guys Said 7

• Instead of feeling hate when you look in the mirror, change it to a positive thought. Start easy like, " Hey, I'm XYZ and I'm not really that bad!". Do it every time you look in a mirror, and as many times as you can. After a few days, make it more positive, "I'm XYZ, and I'm the best!! I AM pretty!!"

The power of the brain is immense. If you can believe in that, eventually what you are saying to yourself will be so true in your mind. Act like a cheerleader, but instead you are cheering yourself.

Shame you can't post a profile pic, you'd get a more precise answer that way. Just love yourself, easy to say, but you CAN do it!!

• Yeah... Start loving your face.

You only have one, like everyone else. And unless you're gonna get surgery, there's no point in being sad over something you can't control.

• You are still growing and changing. Don't get too caught up on a masterpiece in progress.

Second I'll bet you are a lot better looking than you think.

Third we all grow old and ugly so one day it will even out for everyone. There are no hot 75 year olds.

• I don't know if this will help but have a read of it
    www.healthguidance.org/.../...nd-Unattractive.html

• Focus on what makes you beautiful and try to accept what you might see as not being so. Also know that you are the harshest critic of yourself, what you see as a flaw in your appearance 99 out of a 100 wouldn't even think anything of it.

• If lots of people say u r cute why do u have confidence problems? It means people love u make a favor and love urself ^^

• im sure you beautiful to someone

What Girls Said 2

• maybe try a new hair style? It's not good to have how you look. Before others can truly love you. You need to love yourself.

• A visit to a therapist's office would be good..