Is being naturally skinny really bad?

I'm really skinny. Not aneroxic, I dont look pale and you can't see my bones poking out. Im 5"4 and weigh about 110lbs.
It's SO hard for me to gain fat, and I lose it very easily.

I'm just very consious about how I look. Because I'm so skinny sometimes people are like, do you even eat? Of course I eat! I pig out all the time. I'm ashamed of my body though, small boobs, small ass, I wear a lot of layers to hide how skinny I am so people won't be able to tell.

And I think lately with the whole, "thigh gaps are actually kind ugly" movement going on it makes me feel even worse. I didn't choose to have thigh gaps but its daunting to know a lot of people don't really like or prefer them and would want some "meat" on a girl. Not like Im all bones... but I dont know. I dont find my self very attractive because of my figure. I always see guys praising curvey or fit girls. While Im a lanky string bean. I guess my question is... why don't a lot of people like naturally skinny girls?

(My body looks like the pic on the RIGHT)
Is being naturally skinny really bad?

MIDDLE girl: (Not me, it's a VS model, but her body resembles mine greatly)

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure there are plenty of men who love your body type.

Mila Kunis was voted the worlds sexiest women (FHM 2013 and Esquire 2013) and has a similar body type and is the same height and weight.
    globzer.com/.../Mila-Kunis-Body1.jpg

• She's gorgeoussss. She has ashton kutcher too hahaha. :)

• Naturally skinny looks good as the person looks healthly. Its when women strave themselves to look skinny it is unattractive because it makes them look ill.

Now go and find your Ashton.

• Awwwwwwe, so true. THANK YOU :)

What Guys Said 13

• Stop caring so much what people think/say! And 5'4" and 110 lbs is hardly what id call "too skinny" or even "skinny". Slim? Yes! I dated an Asian girl 5'2" 102 lbs and she wasn't skinny in my eyes but petite and slim. Quite health I might add. I'm my opinion, thigh/crotch gaps are like any other part of a girls body. Some gaps are hideous and some look over the top hot, and there's every possible variation, just like tits, ass, thighs, necks etc. thigh/crotch gaps and not "ugly". Again, some don't look so good. But some asses don't look so good either but no one is saying "asses and ugly" in general. Only haters that don't have one and are envious would say something so irrelevantly stupid or worse start/join a crusade that says so.

And about being "too skinny", don't go by my option either (I don't think you are based on height/weight), cuz I'm no doctor and too skinny is about health not looks. Does your doctor/dietician think your BMI is way off or you need to gain? If not then f'ck people and what they think/say. It only matters what you think and if you're a healthy size for your age.

• Thank you! My BMI before was a bit low, but even when I have managed to add a few pounds I look the exact same, it does not show a lot on my body. I talked to my doctor and she said I should still add a few more pounds as I'm still in the "edge" border between normal and underweight. I am not exactly 110, just rounded it off. But thanks. I hope I can be comfortable with my body

• Please, please don't worry!! You sound absolutely stunning! A bikini pic, or even with tightish clothing would certainly get you a perfect 10 here from some of us.

Don't try to put on weight, as in 30 years time you will most likely be wanting to get rid of it again. Just enjoy being YOU, just the way you are!

*joins queue of guys at your front door hoping for a date*

• I happen to like the "gazelle" form of a girl. If I have any problem with them it's that they're always cold and they turn up the thermostat on me, lol.

• Gazelle loool. Yeah i do get cold often hahaha

• I think that looks alright more slim than too skinny.

• The body type you highlight in the pics looks INCREDIBLE! DROP DEAD GORGEOUS. Bin the baggy clothes and layers, where something tight, sleek/sexy and I guarantee you'll get positive comments.

"You're so skinny" shouldn't be taken as an insult, SO many guys love skinny girls and you're hottttttt!

• I know a girl with exactly that body type and she is gorgeous... she is totally against my type, (based on precedent) but we regularly see each other and are intimate and I find her adorable!

• No, because you are still healthy.

• Grow a backbone and be comfortable with the body you've got. You could be the complete opposite, how do you think those people feel.

• I love skinny women why would i like an overweight girl?

• skinny is good esp if its naturally that way.

• Wow nice body, you're an ECTOMORPH body type. So you've got really fast metabolism actually you can eat everything and you won't gain weight.

I'm naturally skinny too. I Can eat everything and I won't gain weight, you're <3

• damn I like that model

• Us white guys don't care, a good number of us prefer it. Ignore that whole hip-hopish culture of "thick" women big booties beauty standard. You're beautiful in the eurocentric standard, you're beautiful regardless of standard.

• You are naturally skinny, and you can't help it. There is a guy out there for you, and personality is what truly matters.

What Girls Said 8

• OMG you're the same as me! I'm also 5'4 and weigh 110 pounds, after i eat my stomach becomes bloated like RIGHT AWAY. But, its extremely easy to lose the pounds I just ate since my metabolism is so fast, plus I have good genetics and being a teen, I get special advantages when it comes to weight loss.
    Sure, being naturally skinny is something a lot of girls go through pain to get.
    I think being skinny is just as attractive as being naturally curvy. Both super different bodies. Guys, who don't like skinny girls: they don't realize beauty is skin deep and all they want is "that ass" and like a huge pair of boobs to dig their face in (ew, pervs).
    I think like 90% of girls want to be skinny. I'm not skinny, i'm thin, I don' have major curves, i mean my waist is kinda small and my hips line up with my shoulders, but thats it really, I'm a B cup. And I didn't know lots of people like naturally skinny girls, its probably bc no one really cares if you're naturally skinny or not.
    Honestly, be proud you're thin and have a body like that!! Seriously, i'll so trade you lmao.

• don't like* (sorry lol) Guys like your body type too, TRUST ME. There will be a lot of guys who will throw themselves at you cause of your body.

• I appreciate the positivity ! Gotta learn to love myself because no one else will :)

• You have to learn to love yourself bc thats whats gonna make you happy and attract other people, confidence is attractive :) there's tons of people who love you now and in the future haha

• It's not bad at all.
    would you rather have a slow metabolism and be naturally more prone to be overweight? And really, you're just 5'4"- you're petite so guys are gonna come in flocks to you I'm sure ;) it's only when you're actually tall and skinny that it's really becoming a problem..

• 110 at your height is thin, but not that low or anything.
    Plus, your body sits there. It's happy there.

• Other people dont like it :/

• Being naturally skinny is not bad at all! You shouldn't put yourself down like that, especially considering how many girls which they could eat without gaining any weight. There's a lot of people who are out there wishing to look like you believe me. You should embrace your body and if you want to put on some weight speak to a dietitian to help you figure out a way to accumulate fat in a healthy way. If you hate your body so much, speak to a counselor because issues like that can really destroy a girl.

• Yeah I want to learn how to gain more weight hopefully I can do that :) I wish i could learn to love my body as well...

• That's why I'm telling you just embrace your beautiful self as is, you won't have to change a thing.

• @OnlyYours Such good advice!! Kudos!!

• I am naturally skinny to (5 foot 3 and 100 lbs) there's nothing wrong with it and if people shame you for your skinny body that's skinny shaming nobody would tell a fat person to lose weight so why would someone tell a skinny person to gain weight?

• If you're so insecure about your body why don't you begin weight training and squatting? And start taking protein as well. Talk to a professional and see what should be done to gain healthy weight.

And not all people like the same type of people. You don't have to be the most fit person to be dateable. Everyone judges, we just have to know our own self-worth, rather than think about what others have to say about our body size and shape.

• The only thing about protein shakes is that the fat doesn't always go to the areas you want it too and it isn't really healthy. But I'll be looking into it. It's probably going to take a lot of dedication and hard work to get there.

• If your worry about that then just tone up your muscles a little it seriously doesn't hurt to tone up your body I was always made fun of for being so skinny people would tell me I was sick or call me names like skinny bones and I started going to the gym and now I have abs my legs are now toned and my arms and I feel better then ever! Work that booty out and do some squats lol that's what I did:) but if you don't want to do that then just accept your body and know that there's nothing wrong with it your just naturally like that!

• At 5'4 and 110lbs there is no way you look like that model. Also, at 5'4 and 110lbs you aren't even that skinny. I'm 5'7 and 110lbs and I'M not even very skinny.
    The fact that you used a Victorias Secret model as your example shows that you are just digging for complements where none are really deserved.

This woman is your height and weight:

www.mybodygallery.com/photos-44421-body-shape.htm

Lol, far from a Victorias Secret model hun

• She didn't say her body was the exact same of a Victoria's secret just that it resembles that plus the picture you provided resembles the models key word: resembles
      I am 5 foot 3 and a 100 pounds and my body RESEMBLES the models

• LMAO exactly. Im anonymous too. how can I be looking for attention too? You're so hypocritical its funny. And body WEIGHT doesn't mean its FAT you idiot. It could be muscle too you ignorant piece of crap :( Im not fat though. And you're making your measurements up. there's no way you can be 5"7 and 110lbs just NOOO WAY LIKE OMGGG NOOO WAY. So yeah you're lying. And you're fat.

You've given be ignorance tbh. That's about it. Just a little weasel who can't accept that Im skinny. Poor thing.

• OMFG xD Actually I AM that weight, some people are skinny believe it or not xD
      Lol okay hun, go be fat xD