How do I get over a type of body anxiety?

So I have a type of body anxiety disorder well two types one is clinical know as Body Dismorphic Disorder (BDD) and the other I don't really know if it's got a term or not. Basically BDD isn't what I need help with it's the other one. I get hit on constantly and like it's at least a twice a day occurrence. The BDD takes over because I hate what I see when I look in the mirror and have no earthly idea why someone would hit on me. So by no means am I gloating. So Ik to others I'm "attractive" I guess, but it's almost to the point I'm scared to be attractive to people. I hate getting hit on and I hate when new people talk to me, cause I feel all they care about is how I look. I feel if I didn't look the way I do I wouldn't know the people Ik or people wouldn't talk to me. I hate when someone says something positive about my body or how I look because I feel like that's all they care about. I don't know is this just another symptom or my BDD or what I'm not sure. Does anyone have something similar and could maybe help? Please no rude comments I feel like I can't talk to friends about this. I've tried and they all say the same thing "it's a compliment people hit on you" "I wish I was catnip to guys like you are" that's not what I need. I feel like no one understands... Sorry for how long it is.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry if you don't want a guy's help on this but I go through body anxieties too. The truth is that you have to ignore those thoughts. Cut them out from your mind and think about something else. If you practice every day ignoring those thoughts then you will notice yourself not caring much about them anymore. I know it's really hard to not think about them but it is the best way to overcome them. You will know when a guy truly likes/loves you for who you are, I promise. Plus it's more than likely your family and friends would still love you no matter how you looked. I wish you the best! :)

• I don't mind having a guys input. Ik body anxiety or feeling uncomfortable in your own skin isn't gender specific. I'm sorry you go through body anxiety. Ik it really sucks.

• Yeah it's kind of like yours, I have bdd but am told im attractive by girls. Thing is I too get the feelings of "what if I didn't look like this, would they still like me?" Yeah it sucks lol

What Guys Said 2

• You want people to like you for something more than what they just see... I think that's pretty understandable.

• I don't know what country you are in or if you are getting counselling already but have included a link to a US site that may help
    http://bddfoundation.org

What Girls Said 0