Girls, do you think you have higher standards than guys when it comes to body? And do you think it's fair?

So ever since I put on weight I'm finding it really hard to get acceptance from girls. And I'm not talking about girls out my my league, I'm talking about girls that are in mine. I wouldn't say I'm obese but I'm a big guy. 250 lbs 6'1. My flirting skills are not amazing but their not bad either. I would say their average. is it due to a lot of guys being into thick girls? I mean thinking about it it's not a hard task for a thick overweight girl to end up with a guy who's in shape but the opposite is very rare. I've even seen girls that are obese that are with guys that are in shape. But were does that leave us (bigger guys)?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree that each gender has some tough social stereotypes/guidelines to live up to, but as far as weight goes for men, its really more of an issue for women. A man can be ugly as fuck and women are expected to be super models. Im tired of guys calling girls fat that aren't even overweight! Why can't we focus on peoples personalities before appearance? I understand that people need to have mutual attraction in order to be in a relationship but does it really need to be a huge factor? Just irritates me.

What Girls Said 9

• No way. If a guy is a 2 out of 10 or higher he is considered "hot" but girls aren't considered hot unless they are 8 out of 10 or higher. I had plenty of pretty friends that my guy friends thought were ugly. If somebody as ugly as John Kennedy can become president it just shows guys can fart and somebody will think he is being attractive.

• Actually in general I have seen the opposite: girls that are in shape with guys that aren't. I'm from Argentina, maybe there is different?

• Yeah I think girls have higher standards when it comes to a body, but there are plenty of good looking guys who will only go for good looking girls

• Seems to me that women are, on average, held to a higher standard. We've been told our whole lives that this is because "men are visual creatures." That said, some people are more attracted to slim people; some people are more attracted to plush people. Go find someone who accepts you as you are. And keep your weight healthy for yourself, not for her.

• I'd date a man with extra weight than a man who is underweight any day. I don't like thin men. No muscle or meat isn't attractive. My ideal guy would be large uptop. Not like the Rock or anything. Just nice arms. And I kinda like a bit of a belly. I just prefer a bulky guy with some meat over a petite guy.

• No to be fairly honest I think that guys have higher expectations for women, due to media and magazines etc. If a woman judges you on your appereance, I'd say that was a little vain of her. If she's pressured to look a certain way by media and dislikes that, but then thinks the same of a guy, she's being a lottle vain

• I am married to a short overweight guy, I am short and overweight too. We are working together to fix it. ( the weight part at least)

• Yeah I do. People go for what they want, not a big deal

• Looking at my boyfriend yes I think I have higher standards lol xxx