Girls, do you believe flaws in your body image have a significant impact in how guys look at you?

Like stretch marks, a little chubbiness in certain areas of your body, things like that.

You think that's a point of emphasis in a our minds?

• I don't think guys generally care much about it at all
    52% (28)
  • I know it bothers them as much as it bothers me
    48% (26)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

13

Most Helpful Girl

• I have boobs and a vagina. That's what guys are focused on. They're less about vanity than we are. The little flaws and blemishes that I see, I can guarantee my boyfriend doesn't even notice.

What Girls Said 12

• I don't think men focus as much on the parts of a girl that she deems unattractive. However, girls don't care. My boyfriend thinks I'm absolutely gorgeous or whatever he says. But I still will find parts of my body that I will pick at or work on until I'm happy with it. And that happiness will only last until I see it from a different angle :p

Forever frustrated with how I look.

• What do you think that's about?

Like in your case, he thinks your hot, yet you look in the mirror and go "Ew, my thighs😫" or whatever it may be.

Seems like every girl is like this to some degree

• I'd give this MHO

But you're already at master status

• Master status has nothing to do with MH but okay :p

• I think when we stop and think about it, we know that our boyfriends aren't as hard on us as we are, but it's not a totally rational thing. I think it's more a long term reaction to a few cutting comments in middle school "thunder thighs" that somehow stick with us longer than the appreciative comments. To reading magazines full of models whose full-time job is to look beautiful (by whatever standard the stylist has) and still have to be airbrushed because the best that's humanly possible isn't good enough for publication. To seeing the boy we're crushing on checking out the girl with bigger breasts than we have. And to hearing from trolls complaining that women aren't attractive once they have kids and get soft around the middle or something like that. Yes, we know the trolls are in the minority, but pain is more memorable than comfort, see. So we worry.
    Thanks to all of you who continue to greet us at the start of a date with "you look beautiful," who continue to offer a wowed expression when you get us out of our clothes, who hold your tongues when you really wish we'd lose a little weight, and even tolerate the stupid "does my butt look fat?" question. Thank you.

• The part about the cutting comments

It's always amazed me how females take those comments so seriously.

I'm sure when said by other females it probably has some hurtful intentions. But usually when a guy says something like "Thunder thighs" it's just a little messing around.

But even the messing around comments stick with you. I get females are much more sensitive about their image, but if it's a comment where the guy is clearly joking, why do you even bother stressing over it? Well maybe not stressing, but giving it any more than 30 seconds of thought?

• I don't know that I've ever had a guy say anything harsh about my body to me, clearly joking OR genuinely displeased. But I have heard buys say really harsh things about other women behind their backs for characteristics that described me, too, and the laughter associated with those comments seemed to me disdainful rather than simply messing around, but, of course I only know what _I_ and thinking, not what's actually going on in someone else's head.

• I know there are the majority of guys who don't care but there are a lot of guys who do care...
    But all that aside... it prevents ME from being confident in something that bothers me... I'm not so concerned with the fact that it might bother the guy, because if it bothers me I can't relax no matter what. So I either make my peace with it or if possible correct it and then it's fine...

• I know that it can bother them, but not as much as it bothers me.

• We'll personally I know and have even seen a lot of guys on this site especially who do notice those kinds of flaws and blemishes and they even have the nerve to scrutinise and pick and choose what things a girl has to have and what they shouldn't have, and because of tht I have made a conclusion that all guys notice these kinds of things and judge you for it which is one of the reasons why I'm always aiming to look perfect especially infront of my crush, this is also the reason why I'm quite insecure some times 😐

• Well, the question wasn't about whether or not we notice.

It's about how much we actually care. Some minor things we don't notice, because you tend to not find what you're not looking for

• Yes.
    If I'm insecure about something regarding the way I look, its very obvious. Which will impact how someone sees me.

• I think so. Like for example. I'm sure a woman with a pretty face and slim body would get approached more than a woman with a beautiful face and extra weight. However, do I care? Not really.

• They dont care. Only I do 😆

• I think I notice it WAY more than my boyfriend or any other guys

• My last boyfriend was very critical about my apperance, so not all guys are easy to please.

• Yes. I'm insecure that my stomach is not completey flat and that I have some stretch marks on the sides of my boobs.