I don't look as good with makeup/dressed up?

Whenever I get dressed up and feel really good looking I actually get less attention from guys, it seems. For instance, this barista who checks me out/stares at me seemed very neutral today considering that I was dolled up and he usually seems like "wow" with me when I'm wearing jeans and baggy stuff. Maybe he was just having an off day but he didn't even seem to notice I was pretty made up (I rarely wear any makeup and today I did). Any ideas? It feels like when I try it's not even worth the effort - especially with regard to makeup.

I dress up for events, not guys, by the way.

dont wanna post pics sorry.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's because makeup only makes women think they look "more presentable", but that doesn't mean males actually find them more attractive. In fact, they just look weird. Whenever I see someone with makeup on, I have to start dismantling the unnecessary paint from their face in my head to determine whether they'd normally be attractive or not.

• Makes a lot of sense - I was thinking it made my eyes stand out but meh. Thanks!

• You might be putting too much makeup on your eyes. Less is more.

Most Helpful Girl

• It might be because you appear to high status or high in standards. I know very good looking woman who don't get hit on at all when they walk into a room full of men because they appear unapproachable - like the guy feels too inferior around her so does not hit on her. It may also be because they don't like the style of your outfit. As a rule - the comfortable and approachable girls get hit on more than the super hot ones.

What Guys Said 5

• I honestly have a feeling that we have a gender split here. Women love makeup and men are not too pushed about it.

• I've noticed and I find it ironic because makeup is supposedly to attract men.

• Maybe you become simply different when you wear makeup. Especially regarding general people's view, people who see you every so often, change is not something that is accepted at the first glance.

• Maye a girl friend can advice you about this

• I love woman without makeup. I wish you had a pic tho :-(

• As a man, I fucking hate make up. It makes you look like a high class prostitute

• Huh - I mean maybe I put too much on but I only use eye makeup - I don't know.

• Oh I see - I mean I didn't particularly think I looked good for a long time but this specific thing makes no sense to me.

• Woah, chill dude. It's not that serious. She was only asking a question.

What Girls Said 3