Guys, Dark hair and pale skin?

Since it's summer and the height of tanning/hair lightening hysteria, I wanted to get your guys opinion on something. I have green/hazel eyes, pale skin with scattered freckles everywhere, and dark-ish brown hair. There seems to be an overwhelming preference today for girls with tan skin, light hair, and no freckles (or at least in mainstream media) Is this what you would say is the preference of the majority of guys?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Ummm... tan skin and light hair is a preference? Do you realize just how tiny of a demographic that is? For one, light hair is only found in white people, and secondly it's even rare in white people. On top of that, tanning isn't even possible for many light haired people, they just burn. I personally prefer darker hair and skin as most people of the human race have those features. I don't see any point in limiting your preferences to such a small demographic. Most of the human race has dark hair, dark skin, and no freckles.

What Guys Said 19

• No, it isn't. You sound absolutely delightful just as you describe yourself. With freckles and pale skin, be very aware of the damage the sun can do. Even worse are tanning beds. Stay well clear of them

Media hype is too powerful in giving false impressions of what guys like and how a girl looks good. It is designed purely to sell magazines and make money!! I'm not taken in by any of this!!

• thank you! yes that is another factor into why I am reluctant to try and tan. If I work all summer at it, I can get darker since my dad has very tan skin. I take after my mother more who is Irish and whose family has a history of skin cancer. I am only 25 and have already had to have 4 freckles removed because they could have been dangerous (possibly cancerous) Tanning beds would wreak havoc on my body!

• I prefer pale skin cause tan skin is what I'm used to most. Pale skin is exotic. Also green eyes with brown hair is a perfect combination.

• I prefer pale girls plus your skin will age better than girls who bake in the sun.

also green eyes, pale skin and dark hair seems like a great combination

• well as a disclaimer i will say if a man judges your character and likes you that will always weigh against his physical preferences. i promise. if you dont feel like tanning, dont. even if you like the way it looks yourself dont obsess over it. only do it if you want.

for most guys? I don't know. i think a lot of looks are good. skin from pale to dark, hair from platinum to black. so while i like blondes im not gonna see a redhead and be like "ew gross" or weigh them against each other.

now to talk about style. your hazel eyes, freckles and brown hair make you a shoe in for earth tones. you'll look good in them with a tan, but your freckles will balance out the paleness and look more attractive.

• Dark hair and pale skin can be very attractive

• I guess this is the preference of the majority guys.
    But not for me. I prefer pale skin, the paler the better and with freckles it is perfect! Don't tan! It makes you different!

• lol nothing wrong with light skin an dark hair color. I think the best combo of hair and skin color. I also think the tan and light hair looks like a bimbo/ dumb girl.

• Pale skin, freckles is all sexy. It doesn't matter in reality and I think all guys are into pale girls just as much, if not more, as tan skin.

• You sound attractive, can you post a pic?

• Just a nice body and taking care of herself

• Pale skin cuties are SMEXY 👄💋

• You sound ideal. But I have a freckle fetish so...

• No. Your combination of skin hair and eyes is my ideal chick.

• I love that physical description! The media will sell you tons of bull.

• yes those features are very attractive in a woman

• fuck that, pale skin and died hair (red, green, blue...) is my preference (then again I am a geek)

• I have no idea what the preference of most guys is, but I love pale skin - the fairer the better. Dark hair with coloured eyes (not brown) and fair skin is ideal to me, perhaps others disagree.

• You hit the jack pot. You figured it out. "In mainstream media!" Not the real world.

There's no way to know what the preference of the majority of guys is. Way too many variables. The majority of guys in the whole world?

The power of mainstream media imagery at work. At leadt you recognize it, for the most part.

No not knows what the majority of guys in the world prefer. Maybe in any given country one might guess that guys there prefer the women there whatever type is most popular. I guess. Without querying each guy and trusting they're not preprogrammed by the mass media machine, there's no way to know.

People will have their opinions on it though. I can tell you honestly that it's not my preference. I prefer naturally melinated skin pigmentation that is in Asian, Latina, black and East Indian and Native American women and Pacific Islanders. But that's just me.

• Actually dark hair on pale skin can be very pretty. My neighbor has pale skin and dark hair with similar eyes to your's and she is very beautiful.