Would 3/4 African-American and 1/4 Caucasian be considered mixed?

I've always been confused by this question. Some say yes and some say no. So can anyone help clarify?

Most Helpful Girl

• To me mixed means you have parents from two different ethnicities.

If that's you in your profile pic I would think you were mixed. But if I knew what you were, I'd just say your lighter skinned.

People ask me what I'm mixed with a lot when they don't believe I'm African. My grandfather was half Caucasian abd I have some on my dad's side too. I typically just say I'm just lighter.

• No two different parents is biracial.
      Mixed means you have other race blood.
      He's mixed

Most Helpful Guy

• By that standard the average American 'black' is mixed since about 30% of the genes of self described 'black' Americans are European (5% are native American). About 5% of 'white' Americans have at least some sub-Saharan African genes for about about.05% of the 'white' gene pool overall.

What Girls Said 3

• yes you are mixed!

• A mixed person is someone who has other racial blood. You sir are mixed. simple. they call Beyonce mixed aswell.

• yeah still mixed

What Guys Said 5

• It's not about how much of one or the other you are. If you have any bit of both, that makes you mixed.

• There's no hard and fast rule - it's just a matter of perception. If you look mixed race (ie. display visible traits characteristic of two or more different races) and identify as mixed race, you're mixed race.

• I have no idea how far back you go technically but for me grandparents would be mixed.

• Yes - - - -

• Depends on where you live. In America and most European countries anybody with darker than "tan" skin is black. In almost all African countries you would be considered Mixed though.