What are your opinions on body hair (on a girl)?

This may sound very shallow, and if I were a boy I would totallllly put this aside from loving someone. But sadly, I have depression and anxiety, so with my body hair (arms, legs, back, bum, all that jazz) I feel so insecure to the point where I'm used to waxing both arms and legs every week. I'm 14, and I've an athletic body (you know ; what I mean.) I have light brown skin (not tan, just light brown) and my hair is very dark brown, so it's visible. I get a lot of compliments from friends/fam, but being bullied for 7 years XD I totally, absolutely, cannot, and never will agree with them. I don't talk to boys very often because I'm pretty sure... this hairy body of mine isn't the best impression...

I have an online/long-distance reltionship with a good friend from school, who does know of my flaws and stuff, but I still feel like he'd break up with me the second he'd see me.. I've realized holding it in wasn't the best (sleeping turns into a job for me) and so instead of straight up asking him, I'd ask you guys instead. Also, I will talk to him about it, but only once i'm ready, it bothers me very much, and i wouldn't want to keep this from him.

But anyway, enough of me

Are there any guys or girls out there who would like to share with me there opinion or experience on this?

Thank you very much <3 <3 <3 It would help me out greatly

• Body hair is a turn-off
  • Body hair is a turn-on
  • It doesn't bother me

Most Helpful Guy

• I've always disliked almost all body hair. I even remember being very repulsed when I was 6 or 7 y/o, seeing a big man get out of a hot tub at a hotel, who had an incredibly hairy back along with all the rest. So I'm not just saying I don't like it so women they will be shamed into shaving or waxing. I don't like it period. Never have. Especially on me, lol!

• Hm, thanks ^^
      When I take a shower, since I only wax and never shave, my hair isn't really visible unless you look up close
      So, that being said, would you still consider it.."repulsing"XD

• No problem ^^ You jut helped out the most soooo~

• Well I was happy to do it, though it was just my opinion :)

What Guys Said 13

• It's definitely not a turn on. But it's not the end of the world. In an hypothetical world where we're the same age and we met. I wouldn't mind, we'd make an arrangement where I would help you remove your hair and you would remove mine? That would be a nice way to spend time together !

• I would be fine with peach fuzz, but I would be turned off if she had really long body hair and/or had hair thicker/darker than mine.

• Since I only wax and epilate, my hair stays the same (thin and soft ^^) but it's still hair ;-;

• A little bit of body hair that's not too noticeable is okay and common. Nothing bad. But noticeable body hair on girls is a turn off for most guys. It's just not feminine for girls to have a lot of body hair.

• I think most guys don't mind a little fuzz and it is up to you and whatever you are comfortable with whether you keep it smooth or not.

• Body hair IS ATTRACTIVE, it makes you look like a women!!! :P

• Body hair as in all over the body (arms, legs, back, chest)

• If that is where she naturally grows hair... then yes. It looks fine!! :P

• I don't like body hair at all and as a guy I shave my body hair off too.

• I wouldn't like the girl to look like a gorilla but just a touch is ok

• Major turn off unless you're a hippie which I am not.

• Body hair on a girl is not feminine and we men find it unattractive!

• Well, not all men apparently agree with your opinion but thanks

Also... It's natural for both genders therefore can be either masculine or feminine, calm down

• lol okay, if estrogen has anything to do with hair, it would only effect the scalp and armpit area... don't tell me what to do, unless you would be okay with me doing the same. Period.

• Body hair is absolute manly trait. end of story ! Bye!

• Yep body hair on girls are kinda a turn off

• Call me weird but I think a bit of body hair is sexy as hell. Just not armpits or lower leg and it's cool

• Would be a blessing if my boyfriend though so too >.<

Thanks

• Well first of all am pretty sure you do not have that much of hair on your body as much you are claiming to be... it might be a bit noticeable peach fuzz thats it and that too at certain places only...
    and being a beastly hairy guy myself i donot mind so called body hair on a girl , inface i prefer it over plastic smooth skin...
    may i ask whats you opinion on ery hairy guy?
    :-(
    :-/

• Thanks ^^

Okay, so first of all, my opinion on guys with body hair would be totally different from another girl without body hair's opinion since I have a different perspective.

After being bullied for years about hair, it would be hypocrisy for me to say I don't like hair on boys XD So, in fact, it doesn't even bother me since
      1) I've grown up with it
      2) Even if you aren't hurt by it, I would still not judge you by it and
      3) I wouldn't even mind if it was longer/darker than mine

Then only thing that would bother me and has to do with hair, would be facial hair - since I don't have that XD
      Mustaches, uni-brows, beards, and all that jazz, for me is a turn-off, but TBH turn-offs for me never matter until you treat me badly/r00dly

• No, don't get me wrong! XD

I said turn-offs for me to do not matter until you're a horrible dick to me or someone, then i'd say you know "I don't find you all that attractive as i did before"

That's it, i never judge a person from looks since i know exactly what it feels like, years of ugh horrible bullying and it still hasn't stopped by the way

• anyway I don't know how you / other girls feel of us very very hairy guys.. but all i know is that its not as gross to be hairy as it is to be a very hairy guy... but this stupid society makes it feel as if its soo horible / gross to be hairy woman.. while the truth is that a normal male hair is far more gross looking than lots of female body hair which is far more finer / sparse and straight as if it is civilised.

• i wouldn't feel insecure some guys care some dont

• Well, I guess I'm gonna have to find out myself >~<

• mhm thats the only way to know

What Girls Said 4

• I started removing every single bit of body hair apart from the hair on my head 6 years ago. I feel more feminine, yes, but I also regret it sometimes because it's a LOT of upkeep.

• Aw, I understand, Ii started too but now it seems like it's already more of a job than something that makes me feel nice x. x

Thanks ^_^

• I hate body hair. I'm fairly insecure about it. My dad used to make fun of me for it, so I absolutely refuse to go in public unless I've shaved that day or the day before.

I always want to get rid of the hair on my arms because I'm pale and my hair color is medium-dark brown, so it's pretty visible. o_e

That's just me personally. I don't think much of anyone else with body hair. So, I'm not sure.

• ^^ Same, but after being bullied over it for like.. years! I'm sorta proud of myself and so my option of laser hair removal makes me feel like I'm giving up on everything I put up with

• I completely understand. My skin is fairay pale and my hair is almost black and I have Greek genetics '-_- it's absolutely the worst combination but all the guys I've been with haven't seemed to mind at all so I guess it just depends on the guy you're with. I'm sure you man won't care much if he cares about you ;)

• Oh wow so lucky ^^ Aside form the hair of course, but the guys you've met must be angels.-.

I mainly got bullied by guys, most probably why I'm so concerned about it now ><

And... see, while I've been worrying daily about this, for the past week or so XD He's been extremely busy, we only get to talk for a few minutes and he's off T^T... Also, he's demisexual, which means he probably has some deep reason as to why we're dating, but... I guess i'll figure it all out next month, when he ain't busy XD

Thank you though <3 :D

• I'm pretty sure if you groom yourself well enough, and remove it so it's down to a decent amount, men won't mind. As long as it isn't excessive or something.