Should I get lip injections?

Should I get lip injections?

Should I get lip injections? My top lip is noticeably thinner than my bottom lip. I've used lipstick lip plumper but nothing seems to make a difference. I wouldn't blow my lips up huge, but I would like to make my top lip fuller and possible my bottom lip. The frst picture is my mouth and the second picture is a before and after shot of a woman who got lip injections. Opinions welcome from girls and guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your lips look good to me. Lip injections rarely look good on anyone.

Also it may not be worth the risk.

Temp side effects

Bleeding from the injection sites
    Swelling and bruising
    Redness and tenderness at the site of the injection

More serious side effects

Severe and prolonged swelling or bruising lasting one week to 10 days
    Lip asymmetry (parts of lips are different sizes)
    Lumps and irregularities in the lips
    Infection
    Injection into a blood vessel causing tissue loss
    Ulceration, scarring, or stiffening of the lip
    Allergic reaction causing redness, swelling, or itching around the lips

What Guys Said 18

• i wouldn't the upper lip isn't really supposed to be the same size as the bottom.

I think your lips look fine

• Your natural look look is still fine. No one will notice or care. If you didn't mention your lips then I wouldn't have realized it. So, just keep your body natural.

• almost nobody has perfectly symmetrical lips so it almost looks weirder when they are, your lips look great

• Your mouth is fine, your don't need to do anything

• Don't do it have you seen what happens when these go wrong? Google a picture of Leslie Ash and see what happens. She had horrendous problems

• Believe me your mouth is very kissable just as it is and you are very pretty

• Don't, just... don't
    Your lips are perfect! i also have a smaller upper lip and i think that is sexy,
    why would you even want to make it bigger?

• You have a charming smile as it is. Why potentially fuck that up?

• I can see the difference in the top lip but your lips are beautiful.

• Yes do it. Your lips don't look perfect, so they need to be changed. (Notice the sarcasm)

• the answer will always be no to every woman

• Don't you dare I would kiss them. And you have a beautiful smile ;-)

• I would say you're looking great as natural

• Please don't ruin that pretty smile with all that crap. You have kissable lips!!

• come on if you re healthy its good
    be natural pls

• Dont do it you have really pretty lips

• Nope; leave it all natural. Your lips look fine

• no reason to do so. you'd look like an ugly fish... .

• no need of that :) ,,,,,,,, you're lips are soooooo kiss-friendly <3

What Girls Said 9

• It depends on your other features... currently in the picture of you smiling alone, it looks like you don't need it (because the upper lip tends to thin when smiling no matter how plump

I have done it, and loved the results. First, I'd need to see a picture of you not smiling. Besides that, identify actresses or models who have similar facial structure to yours, but a fuller upper lip (basically someone who you would want to more closely resemble within reason).

Get a consultation (should be free) with the highest quality plastic surgeon in your area (yelp works surprisingly well for this), and show them pictures of what you would want the results to look like. As a high quality doctor, they should be really good about grounding you on what you should strive for with your given features. If anything, they may push back on how full you'd want to go, or if you even need it (at their own expense!).

And if you finally do decide to take the plunge, there are really good financing options through CareCredit (monthly plans with no interest for several months to a couple years)

• to be honest I think no u shouldn't because u should just love your self the way u were born no matter what other people think.:) and if your boyfriend or who ever doesn't like it well obviously they don't love u for who u really r and don't deserve to have u but that my opinion and ist really up to u hope this helped.

• Totally unnecessary and risky. Don't do it.

• Your lips are nice. You don't need to spend money on injecting fat into them.

• Your lips = your choice :)

Don't rush any decision.

• Lips aren't equal. That's just how it is. Your fine honey

• Why on earth anyone would want to inject crap into their lips is beyond my comprehension.

• why not ask someone to punch you... your lips well swell up really nicely :) who needs injections :)

• dont do it.