Im scared to take off my shirt in public because of my back acne, what do I do?

Hi! I'm a 15 year old male and I can't take off my shirt in public because of my insecurity about my back acne. Its only on the top, and my mom is forever inviting poeple over to our pool and i always make excuses on why i can't do it. What do I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you seen a doctor? sometimes UV therapy can make a world of difference in helping to draw out the impurities and dry out the skin. Talk to your mom and ask her if you can have a couple days a week that you can just sit out in the sun for a few minutes without the threat of people coming over. It's sometimes just a part of being a teen, when your hormones are going crazy that you over produce oils and your skin goes crazy. I used to have it badly. Try a cream with salycillic acid in it. it helps mine. Also make sure you drink a ton of water and not a lot of sugary drinks. :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• Just try not to be so self-conscious about it (I know.. soooooo easy). Honestly, most people aren't paying that close of attention, and even if they do notice, they're not gonna care - at least not as much as you think they will.

I have always had issues with acne on the back of my neck, upper back and even on my chest sometimes. As I've gotten older, it's become a lot easier to just accept it and deal with it. I hope you can get there a lot earlier than I did...

• I'm pretty sure there are treatments for acne, anyways I don't think a lot of the people will even care about your back at all so there's no reason to hide just because of that

• omg i have body acne too and not just on my back. i get really insecure when i go to the beach i walkways try to cover myself with a towel but then i realized that when i didn't cover the acne and people could see it, they didn't even care they have better things to care about. plus, MOST people have bacne its very common dont worry

• You can either go to a cosmetician and have it fixed up on a regular basis, or just embrace it - not much else you can do about it.

• Itvdoesnt matter what anyone thinks! GO HAVE FUN GIRL. If i had back acne I wold go swimming cause Idgaf

• Oh, honey, forget about it and have fun! Nothing is stopping you, really.

• I think you should just take your shirt off. I guarantee you that most people won't even notice

What Guys Said 7

• Only prats walk around shirtless in public.
    ... Don't tell anyone I said that, they're usually pretty strong looking :c

• You have a pool i barely have somewhere to live... stop bitching.
    Go to a doctor of you want it removed... and like really... who gives a fuck that you have acne, chill... you have a fucking pool... everyone is going to like you anyway...

• Get older, then grow back hair. I it will cover the acne, then people can just laugh at your hairy back.

• Dude your 15 chances are you have acne on your face right? And you show that all the time. But o well if it bothers you that much and you really don't wanna get in the pool, just tell your mom, I know it may seem lame or something but your mom loves you and she only wants to help you.

• Go see a skin specialist. and get it sorted

• Go to a dermatologist if it's bothering you.

• I believe the official medical term is "bacne." I don't know why you give a shit if people see pimples on your upper back. You should be more worried about people thinking you're a little bitch for always making excuses as to why you can't take your shirt off in the pool.