Need tips and advice to motivate to a better body?

I weigh 135 and I'm 5'2 and Im 20 . I eat out way too much, and I'm starting a program in computers in the fall which requires sitting down and not moving for hours as my major. I need to not only lose weight but keep it off and not depress eat. Last summer I worked out and weighed 125 and looked good. But then holiday break and finals happened...

Right now, I'm fighting myself on ordering a large order home madefires and 8hot wings from this over priced bar, help? How to motivate and keep fat off and not depress eat?
If I eat nothing else today then the hotwings and fries wouldn't be so bad, right?;/ I just started a 1200 cal diet, and I didn't eat anything today...;/

Most Helpful Guy

• Motivation isn't the way to go is to be more disciplined... But motivation is a good thing to get you started.

Most Helpful Girl

• If your going to eat a lot. Then your going to have to workout a lot.

Not eating that day and then that stuff is really bad. It won't help you at all. Honestly you body looks pretty good. If anything you could lose like 5 pounds and tone up your body. You can try fitness blender workout videos. To help you stay motivated think of it like this. If you keep eating junk food and not working out. By the time your 22 you might be like 180 pounds or more. Which that scary thought should help motivate you to get your booty moving.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessBlender

What Guys Said 11

• First thing is you need to realise that it takes a while to lose weight, it anything you do if you're really dedicated and you feel/look the same within a few weeks it kills your confidence.

Try and find a food that's healthy and tastes great. I love making my own meals, I'm awful at cooking but I love to throw random herbs and spices in anything to see what it's like. Eating some big meal once a day is really bad for your body, it doesn't make you feel full for the day because your body can't absorb all the food you throw at it in one big go. Eat small, clean meals throughout the day, vegetables are your best friend as they contain lots of water and barely any calories/carbs.

Once you get a few compliments your confidence will really start to grow, try and get a friend to work out or diet with you to compare each other, maybe even make it a competition or a bet.

Maybe try and find a new hobby to keep your mind off eating, preferably one that's active.

TL;DR Be dedicated!

Good luck

• No once can get you motivated... u have to do it yourself, music helps, thoughts of what you might look like when you lose weight... oh and also that extremely satisfying muscle pain of a hard workout
    is an amazing feeling

So yea... it won't be that hard for you to lose weight since your body is used to just sitting around, not doing shit and getting fat.

So i would suggest get on a diet which contains a normal amount of what the body needs,1200 calls won't be enough to keep you healthy and strong.

Go for AT LEAST 2000-2200 calories per day... i mean you kinda need them to survive and be healthy, your body naturally burns calories every day while you are out/sitting/sleeping etc...

So going on a 1200 call shit diet isn't very healthy, like i said your body isn't used to to moving that much in a regular basis so it really won't be healthy to do stupid shit like that.

You can easily lose 5-6 KG's in 2-3 weeks just by replacing, lets say potato chips with nuts (yes they contain fat and a lot of calories, but its healthy fat... i won't go into detail) or a soft drink with water

Also drink A LOT of water A LOT OF IT, DO IT ALL THE TIME, EVEN WHEN YOU ARE NOT THIRSTY, DRINK WATER it helps the body lose weight by not doing anything else than being water with 0 fat, calories etc... it keeps your body hydrated and its just fucking healthy...
    Though take small sips of water while you exercising, cause you start to lose water and yea...

If you want to exercise i would suggest start with a basic cardio exercises running, jumping jacks... etc for about an hour a day in which you can take brakes, just don't make to long...

JUST PLEASE DO NOT DO SHIT LIKE THIS:i didn't eat anything today... that is really, really unhealthy.

So yea...
    Summary:Get a normal diet and eat 3 times a day, do NOT do your 1200calls a day shit diet, drink A LOT of water before EVERY meal,
    get a LOT of sleep, remove toxic stuff like 50 wings and 5 cokes a day from you daily food intake. start doing regular everyday exercises "running, etc... around 1 maybe 2 hours if you are up for it. i would suggest running in the morning or in the afternoon, while exercising take small sips of water on a regular basis to keep your body hydrated and push yourself over the limits, just don't go overboard.
    Also dress light you body needs to breath, don't go putting 200 shirts while exercising

Uh i have a lot of more stuff to say but 2400/2500...

Oh... and um.. i would totally bang you with your body like that, so yea.. ur still hot <3

• Motivation is psychologically dangerous if you're not overweight. It can easily lead to anorexia and a poor self image. You don't need motivation, you need a slow schedule to get you into the right habit.
    Make small improvements day by day. The diet you just said is definitely going to fail because it's too big of a change. You'll get bored or tired of it real quick. The actual way to change is to develop a good habit of exercise just like any other habit. Think of it like quitting smoking: you wouldn't go cold turkey or else you'd get shakes. You have to slowly go off the smokes. Just like you need to slowly go off the bad diet habits.

Rather than motivating or forcing yourself to diet, make it a habit so you do it everyday without being psychologically hassled.

• Eat healthy and exercise rather than 1200 calories of crap and nothing else - You look well probably all you need is toning and fitness work - Good luck

• Um, you don't look that bad. Secondly, skipping meals isn't good for you. You should eat your meals, but eat different foods.

The best thing to do is exercise 30-60 minutes a day, and reduce your calorie intake between 500-800 calories.

Do you have a smartphone? There are apps you can download that keep track of your calories.

• Thanks I just downloaded myfitness one last night and a diet diary one, I appreciate it its just that I'll gain weight when school starts andd I dont want to continue to gain more, plus people have way better bodies at my age, and I dont have a nice hair cut at the moment lol.. I was wondering if eating bad calories makes you gain more than good calories? or does it not matter? Like 3 meals of oats and vegies or fruits and chicken vs a giant bowl if thai?

• pad thai***

• No, you don't have to gain weight just because schools starts. You just need to keep time in your schedule to exercise, and not snack on junk food while studying in your dorm.

There might be people who have better bodies, but there are people who have worse. Stop comparing yourself to others and just worry about yourself.

All calories are the same it is an excess amount of trans and saturated fats that will get you. Just plan to exercise, set-up a healthy diet, and stick to it and you will be fine.

• If you're trying to lose weight then eating a bunch of food at once isn't a great idea.

If you're serious about losing weight, you need to buy groceries, health macros (fats, carbs, proteins). Things like chicken breasts, whole wheat bread (pasta), veggies, and fruits are good.

• get on the treadmill at the gym or buy a bicycle and ride some miles each evening. Good for your aerobic fitness too

• I think you have a sexy body. I think you will be fine if you stop the eating out with the new job. And maybe just take walks and you will be fine ;-)

• You look good, soft, but good. Get s treadmill and just walk 2 or 3 miles a day. Good aerobic excersize and way to lose some calories. You can do it at your leisure. Of course watch what to are eating too

• You really do need to start working out more

• message me if u would like. I'm becoming a personal trainer soon so most likely I could help you out

What Girls Said 6

• I can totally help you!! I do pilates and yoga everyday! Wake up early in the morning- i wake up around 7:30 and im working out by 7:45! I do about 40 minutes of pilates and 40 minutes of yoga a day plus 2-3 days a week of hour n half of Bikram yoga- make sure you drink 8 glasses of water a day- eat fish, chicken, not as much red meat! Find good proteins- eat your vegetables! For snacks: Apple and peanut butter, Popsicle ( low sugar), fruit, carrots/ celery with hummus

To stay motivated: it takes 21 days for something to become a habit. That's what you have to think about. Once you hit that 21 day mark it'll become second nature. Also, before you even sit up in bed, smile. Be happy. Be happy that you have a body that is not hurt or injured

Hope I helped! Let me know if you need any help, you can message me 😊🌸

• Is 1200 the proper cal intake for you?
    Also: the only way to keep yourself on track and stay motivated is to keep dieting/exercising regularly. Once you see the results you'll want to keep doing it.

• Good luck losing weight on a 1200 calorie diet if you're still eating meat and dairy.

• you do realize that eating a small portion of junk food isn't the same thing as eating a lot of healthy food right. you're still going to gain weight if you feed yourself shit. eat healthy, get off your ass in your free time and exercise when you feel like depress eating. you have the attitude of waiting for yourself to wake up one day with an undying urge to eat healthy and work out but that's not going to happen. get off your ass, get off gag, and start a healthy life style now

• First get a nutrionist (Idk if i spelt that wrong) to see what you're doing right, wrong and what could be done better. Next figure out a work out program of things you like. For example dancing is fun and is GREAT cardio. Keep with it for a while and try to think about how annoying this might be and how awesome you'll look later. Good Luck

• You already look good!

• because you can't see my face lmao... I really appreciate it, but honestly I got a bad short hair cut and the only way to make up for it is by getting a better body...