Girls, Should I ask the doctor about this?

I went through puberty already , about four years ago. I've never gotten acne before, and still haven't, but I'm worried that I could. My mom and my grandma got acne at 11, my dad didn't at all. Before my period I get a few pimples, nothing big. I'm just concerned... I really like my skin.

7

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't bother asking a doctor about a problem you don't have. You might have just inherited your dad's genes. Just properly take care of your skin and drink a lot of water and you can maintain it. If you do ever end up getting acne due to genetics there's really no way of knowing or full on preventing until you actually get it so just take care of your nice skin now. The doctor won't provide acne medication or topicals if it isn't needed, and they also can damage skin if it's already healthy so you're better off just leaving it alone.

• Okay, thank you. I always was my face even though it doesn't break out like crazy. I think I was just over thinking this.

• Yeah don't stress it, just make sure you wash it, moisturize it, put on sunscreen, and drink lots of water and that's the best you can do for it.

What Girls Said 6

• EMBRACE the fact that you do not have acne. Acne sucks. kbai

• It's completely normal. Your hormones fluctuate before your period. The acne will go away soon after. I have a situation very similar to yours. Just dont pick at the acne and you won't even know it was there.

• Honestly, I think you'll just have to get over it, it's only worth going to the doctor if you're one of those people whose face gets covered in acne that leaves scarring, a few stray pimples never hurt anyone.

• Having pimples is a natural thing, even right before your period. It's nothing to be worried about :)

• No, i think you're fine, just super freaking lucky. But you're fine

• I'm 19 and I still have no acne