Why is it that guys prefer women to have long hair?

it seems like that everywhere; i just don't understand... i mean can't a girl look nice with short hair. it's not as if girls with short hair aren't attractive. i know this is not coming from every guy, but i believe it cccoes from a majority. i just want to understand, that's all. please share your opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• Several factors:

1. Hair is a clear sign of health.

2. Long hair is generally feminine.

3. Short hair doesn't fit the majority of the women - only few can pull it off.

4. Long hair is seductive.

5. Opposites attract sexually - aka men are attracted to what they don't have and vice versa. We are attracted to wide hips, breasts, etc and not to muscles and such.

Most Helpful Girl

• I KNOW! Like 3 days ago I asked to guys why and they said because they'd think the girl is lesbo, or bc it's a turn off,
    I cut my hair really really short, like a male, bc I don't wanted to look like every girl in my school, with long ass hair.
    I hate that the most of guys think so about girls with short/pixie hair. Like, can they go out from the basic?

• I think that looking for not to look like every people in some place, can be a good way to be atractive, but you must assume that you won't be attractive to most guys, but for guys you are attractive, you won't have many rivals, because there aren't many girls with short hair. There are some guys who prefer girls with short hair and some guys who doesn't care about a girl's hair length, but you must assume that most guys prefer girls with long hair.

In my case, I would be very happy in your school, because I've never been in a school where every girl has long ass hair and I prefer a girl as longer is her hair, but not every guy have the same likes as me. For example, when I was at school, I didn't like girls who dyed their hair blonde, but most guys did. In the other hand, I like girls who spit in public, but most guys don't.

What Guys Said 16

• I like both - I think long hair is possibly the feminine ideal that is why it is favoured by some guys

• It looks more feminine. It's somewhat of a tradition maybe. But it doesn't mean women can't look good with short hair. I know girls who have short hair and it fits them perfectly.

• Because it's seen as more feminine, and only women can grow their hair like that, so it's different. Any guy could have a short hair, but 90% (if not all), can't get that long straight hair.

• Because it's more feminine. I guess some girls can pull it off, but I always prefer long hair, ALWAYS. I love to run my fingers through them and I love smelling their shampoo.

• I agree with FakeName123 . My main reason for prefering women to have long hair is to have her hair much longer than mine and being proud of it. My best preference is a woman who has and will always have her hair long to her knees and she wants to shave my head weekly, because, like FakeName123 said, it is more attractive for me a woman as more different she is for me. For example, I prefer girls to have big boobs and such an acute voice.

• Girls with short hair look like prepubescent boys.

Long hair on women looks good and compliments their face to make them look more feminine

• Don't look too hard at the social standard that are in magazines and the like.
    That's just an average used to get male attention so they can sell something.
    Men like women of all types.

• Because long hair is feminine, and most of us guys want a feminine woman.

• Personally, I believe both hairs can look good, depending on the girl.
    But there are many preferences, so don't worry!

• Don't know but it is probably because it is sexier

• more feminine.

• Ever she any hot girls with short have any trouble getting guys? I haven't. Ever see a relatively unattractive, sour bitch with beautiful long hair having to fight em off? I haven't.

• It looks more feminine.

• Men want women to look like women not like men in drag

• Long hair is considered feminine. And I have to admit that it is more attractive.

• Looks more girly and feminine, short hair reminds me of a guy.

What Girls Said 3

• Long hair unconsciously comes across more feminine. My boyfriend hates short hair on girls lol. Guys are attracted to femininity simples.

• i think they consider it as more feminine

• its more feminine