Should I get contact lenses? How do I convince my Parents?

I play soccer, but i have glasses. My glasses can get very foggy and move while I'm playing. There was a situation where I was heading the ball during a game but my glasses fell off. It took several seconds for me to find them in the grass. I also have vain resons for wanting contacts.
My mom knows the pros and cons of getting contacts, but she likes ot focus on the cons everytime I mention it. I understand the risks and I'm willing to take them. Glasses are very high maintenence, same with contacts, but contacts would be easier to use (for me, at least). mY prescription is becoming worse. I can't play soccer without my glasses and I can barely see anything. I'm only planning to use them for school/during the day and use my glasses at home.

Should I get contact lenses? How do i convince my parents?

Most Helpful Guy

• Step one: get a job
    Step two: make money
    Step three: use your money to buy contacts

Problem solved.
    If you don't like what your parents decide, become less dependent on your parents.

What Guys Said 4

• Your mom is out of touch. Modern contacts are easy to wear and they are cheap, like $5 each. I've been wearing them for years with no problem. I'm not even good about it, I leave them in for a month then pop in another pair. Anyone who is playing sports should be in contacts.

• They would be very handy for soccer - Ask your parents to get a pair as a trial and see how it goes

• You. can't play a sport with contacts... How dumb could you be? What of the ball comes and fits your face? 😐

• The problem with contact lenses is they do have an expiry date and can be a major hassle if you're very active. It's best to get sports glasses. Just tell your parents why your glasses are troubling you. If they don't agree. sell your organs and buy contacts ;)

What Girls Said 3

• Oh nice to meet you. I'm a soccer player too. And I know how it is like to play soccer with glasses on. I always wear contacts when playing soccer because it is safer. Tell your mum that playing soccer with glasses on is not safe because the ball might hit your glasses and when the glasses broke, it will cut your eye. Which I had experienced it before and it would cause a lot of trouble as you have to go and repair your glasses.

• Trust e, I've told her MANY times and all we end up is in arguments or me in silence. She says that I should get sports goggles, but my younger sister got ones for basketball and they fogged up. She just ended using her regular glasses. I'm also scared that she'll buy me them any ay. I find them not so attractive looking! Thanks so much for the input though!

• Yeah but after your exams then get yourself a job, it's better and that's what I do.

• I have both contacts and glasses. I wear glasses more because it's easier but in certain cases contacts work best (like for playing sports). My mom was OK with my choice.

• Don't get them they are very annoying.