Should I be happy or annoyed I was mistaken for being 35?

I am used to being told I'm younger than I look and when I dropped off my neice off at the YMCA for day care cause my sister and her husband couldnt due to work I had a funny moment. This HS aged kid asked me if I'm the dad. The worker knew me and laughed cause he knows its not. I asked the kid how old I look and he said I look like I'm between 30 and 35 lol. I took it as a compliment at the moment but lokkkng back I'm kinda conflicted and feel annoyed.

Most Helpful Guy

• u look around yer age in my opinion judgin by yer pic...

but this person wasn't a kid at all... u said in another comment here he's 16... so not a kid anyway. if he was 6-7 then i'd be ok... he's a kid so he could pass me as old... but if a 16 yo told me i look like 35... then i'd assume either he told me this in order to tease me... which's fine wid me... or he really thought i do. if that's so then i'd start worryin wot i'm doin wrong and try to find ways to make myself look younger

What Girls Said 1

• Well for one it's A KID, they think even 25 is old, and he's probably relating that age to the fact his dad is probably that age. Don't take it personally x

• This kid was around 16 I guess I have an old appearance to some people lol.

What Guys Said 6

• I think you look your age or younger.

• I hate when people guess my age but guess higher than what I am. I don't even get carded at bars anymore :(

• I sometimes do it depends. I have five o'clock constantly shadow and can grow a decent beard but 35 hurt lol. My hairline isn't that receded yet and I by no means can grow a full beard in a day like my dad yet. I like being told older as long as its up to 25 which I get told often that doesn't bother me.

• It works both ways, I get mistaken for 26 a lot.

One kid gets it wrong, because he's an idiot.

• You do look older than 21 I must admit

• Not good. Never ever ever ever ever good

• that's funny you look 15 to this old man here

• I usually get around 19 to 25 range which is cool cause I'm almost 22 but when I think 35 i think mature hairline with a gray beard no offence. I have a chinstrap beard or 5 o'clock shadow depending on the day but 35 hurts lol.

• I'm not offended it's okay