Why do so many guys hate skinny girls on here, but guys in real life love them?

I'm not skinny or curvy. But, I have been very thin in the past. Not too thin, just super fit looking.
I see a lot of girls on here post skinny pics of themselves, and guys either don't say much, or say they prefer bigger.
Curvier girls get comments like sexy, prfect, beautiful.
When I was skinny, guys loved me. I have very beautiful curvier friends, but I would still get most of the attention just because of my body. I notice, unless a curvier girl is showing her cleavage, she doesn't get many looks in real life. Skinny girls cop stares everywhere.
I'm by no means bashing curvier, thicker girls. I would love to be able to carry extra weight like they do!

Most Helpful Guy

• I like slim girls. I prefer slim petite and subtly curvy small girls. Lots of guys on here prefer this. Not all guys here comment on pics of girls. Depends on what each guy considers to be "skinny". To me, "slim" is not the same as "skinny". "Skinny" and "thin" are the same to me, meaning not enough flesh, bones showing, kinda malnutritioned look. I'm not attracted to that at all. Slim as in small, petite, tiny waist abc smallish parts (subtle curves) is what I prefer.

Hate is a strong word.

"Fit" and "thin" aren't necessarily synonymous.

In my experience, slim girls, petite girls, curvy girls and thick girls or whatever categories you wanna use - all attractive girls get looks. Guys look. Thin girls with pretty faces. Curvy girls with not so pretty faces. Petite girls with meh faces... whatever. Guys look at attractive girls even when said girl is not their particular type. No type really gets any more it less looks than another. Maybe in some isolated pockets of society, bug overall... girls that look like girls, female - they get looks from guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I see hate on both sides with more towards bigger girls. Skinny girls will always be at the top no matter how many self love movements there are.

• bcause deep down we're biologically inclined to like "healthy". And an instinct that deeply rooted can't be changed with some PC movement XD
      So all those "dad bod" or "real girls have curves" movements are going against basic animalistic instincts. And good luck winning that battle, it's like going against our need for food or sleep, or sex XD

• you can't make everyone happy (someone will always say you're not good enough) so just strive to be healthy, and be yourself. As for th rest of the people, either they can like you for who you are or fuck off. up to them

• @dartmaul15 yup, that's what I'm focusing on. As long as I'm good enough for me, then that's all that matters.

What Guys Said 18

• conformism!
    Because the commenters are
    1. conforming to the asker. She's asking, and they're agreeing or sugar coating to not sound lik a bad guy. Or even worse, sound like a fat shamer. It's easier to agree than to disagree (and is certainly more likely to get you the MHO)
    2. conforming to social norms and expectations. Guys are supposed to like curvier girls, and those guys are following that social expectation. Yes, society can shape our preferences like that!

I suspect just a very small minority actually like legit overweight girls.

• It's all Mehgan trainors fault... fuck the fat trend.

• I'm not sure what you're talking about. I'm a guy in "real life" and I don't really find skinny girls as attractive as "curvy" (and when I say curvy, I'm not talking about athletic, flat tummy, hourglass figure. I don't like that, either)
    However, if I find a girl that I think is attractive and has a really beautiful/cute face, I don't really care if she's skinny or "curvy/thicker." It honestly doesn't matter if she's got a face that I find attractive. A body that I think is attractive as well is just a plus. However, if I like the girl, I'm going to like whatever body she has because it's HER body.

• I think slim girls are great. I think the guys on the internet are just trying not to sound "shallow" and are letting "fat acceptance" propaganda get to them.

• A girl is not "hated" because guys don't look at her... The word hate is loaded.
    There is definitely more men that likes skinny girl than thicker women. It can also depend on where you hang out. If you go to bars, most guys who go there are douche bags. Maybe we are a loud minority? Maybe we are ninjas who check out thicker girls surreptitiously...

• Because right now in pop culture big girls are in and now days people are using the word "curvy" as another word for fat look im a guy who likes to be truthful look nowdays were in a reverse shaming era, i see many many many posts on here where fat girls are shaming the skinny girl saying she has no body blah blah blah

• I've often said "We love the women that stand before us".
    What i mean with this that we can have a preference and a dislike for a certain type. That does not mean we cannot be attracted or fall in love with her when we see her.

For example I am not into skinny women but I dated a ballerina. Can you imagine how thin she was? But she was absolutely beautiful inside and outside.

• Maybe because we are not "Real Guys" LOOL

• I have always preferred slim girls

• I like fit/skinny girls, I will admit that. What I'm attracted to.

• Because it is easy to lie on the internet.

• I think being thin is better than being fat

• Because Wk beta nerds on here will do anything to score bexause when they try doing this out, they get shocked in locker

• You sound so much like the kind of guy who bullies fat kids in the locker room. Is it a requirement that every guy who has a profile picture of themselves flexing sound like assholes?

• @JuicyBrain No but it is requirement to not bitch about bullying after being Wk and trying to go first lol

• "Fat kids" lol

• We tend not to withhold sexual attention just because a girl is not what we consider ideal

• No guys hate on skinny girls. We hate anorexic looking ones though.

• because virgins prefer curves.

• You're on the internet,

99% of the guys on this site are vrigins talking out of their arse and wanting things they know they will never get...

• People have to be overly political correct or they get shamed by women on social media, have complaints sent to their employers to get them fired, etc. Currently, it's PC to say that fat people are attractive.

Fat people aren't attractive. But we have to pretend they are so we don't get in trouble from some busy body women.

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah, I've noticed that too. All the top gals where I live are super skinny.

• super skinny is ugly and unhealthy for some men. why can't some people accept that some men prefer curvier girls? i think it's more natural and feminine than the anorexic role model of today. and if you see the sex symbols of the 50s 60s etc they were all voluptuous... .

• @fiodor99 it's the trend nowadays obviously

• My brother openly loves skinny girls on here. He prefers to call them slim. I think he's right. Skinny doesn't seem a very nice word. I'm sure if he saw a photograph of you that he would rate you very highly. What say you, @dogbert444

• i have no idea lol

• I've learned not to really listen to what comes out of their mouths... sometimes its the COMPLETE opposite of what they actually do

• Yeah I really don't understand that either. I don't get how I am not a real woman just because I am thin.

• Well real life is the one that matters!