Has anyone else had this confusion?

So not that long ago I looked like this
Has anyone else had this confusion?
And honestly I was completely used to guys not giving me a second glance. I was used to all the guys around me telling me that I was 'like a little sister' to them. And I was used to having the guys I liked shutting me down. One for example told me that he would never go out with me even if we were the last two people on earth. Ouch! I know right! But that was what I was used to. Now I was a late bloomer so while all my friends were talking about boobs and periods I was always off to the corner wishing that I could join in. Then one day it was like BOOM!

I'm not 100% ugly anymore? All of the sudden guys were telling me that they liked me and I started getting people on the streets looking my way as I walked by. It was kind of a weird experience seeing as it all happened so fast. Thank god for puberty am I right? But I was wondering if any of you have any similar stories?

Most Helpful Guy

• Mhm, was a chubby kid around 14-15, so I was bit awkward around girls then before i turned 17 I got in really good shape, I would dress better and style my hair and suddenly I had girls hitting on me way more. Girls who were out my league from the year before were suddenly calling me just to "see what's up" lol. It totally messed with my head for years though.

What Guys Said 14

• Well, I know that for quite a while I didn't fit in to many circles. I have second to no friends in elementary school, a few decent friends in middle school, and I only really started meeting people in high school. I kind of looked like Paul Blart Mall Cop in my early years with the haircut and chubbiness that I had, but now that I've grown taller My chubbiness isn't nearly as bad and My voice has deepened a lot as well. I've also been able to figure out what I can do with my hair that looks decently now. When it comes to my face I'd say that I don't have nearly as chubby cheeks and I definitely look a lot more masculine. I've been attempting to get to the "ideal" body weight and put on some extra muscle, but overall I've definitely changed since before puberty. I'm still an awkward bastard but at least now I've been told that I'm an above average awkward bastard.

• At the verybleast I certainly look better since childhood. When I was younger I was some pasty shy white kid with a haircut verging on the dreaded bowl cut.

Then I slapped myself into senses, changed up my haircut, my hair went curly/wavy whatever, and I got fit and tan from cross country/track/and yard work. Oh, and I also shot up to 6'4" and got a dee voice from puberty lol.

I'm about average looking now, but geez have I changed since I was younger.

• I'd say you're pretty good looking just from your profile pic hahaha

• Puberty hit you like a train!. I had the same problem. I was on the chubby side and shorter than everyone else. By the time i was 17, my face and body changed completely. During my growth-spurt I lost all the fat. I also started exercising and dressed better. Girls who had told me that I was ugly suddenly became interested. But they made me feel terrible once so fuck em all.

• Well, it's good to know people find you attractive.

• You look very well now congrats.

• I think you look sexy in your older pic too. I have no idea why guys would be like that. If I was in your circle I would have asked you out

• Yeah, I was a slim geek who couldn't get girls. 10 years later, now I'm a skinny geek that gets girls.
    Don't know how that happened.

• Damn girl you got hot!

• Puberty done right.

• That's amazing 👌
    Though you look cute in your childhood too 😶

• Oh god no. That was my fringe stage, when I was in a band with my friends and was way to hyperactive and loud and crazy xD

• Nah I was pretty crazy crazy. Always climbing trees and crap (I do still like climbing trees). I remember one time one of my friends told one of his friends that he would give him chocolate if he annoyed me. Problem was I crash tackled him and sat on him and refused to let him get up and he didn't end up getting any chocolate because he didn't annoy me, I ended up annoting him. It was a highlight from that year XD

• Hahaha your awesome 😂👌
      Rocking 😜

• Nice story. ... m about to cry.. lol

• beatifull and sexy

• U r lovely and sexy girl, ;)

• thats just growing up. we were all kids at one time.

What Girls Said 5

• Lol, it's not really confusion, it's more like a case of "an ugly duckling has grown into a swan". It happens to everyone.

• Thank god for that. I was stating to think the whole male population was going to ignore me for the rest of my life. You have a really cool username by the way. I read your post about it a while ago and I just thought to myself that it was awesome. Where do you find purple eyeliner?

• Cool. I'll have to check it out. Apparently purple is meant to make the green in hazel eyes stand out more. I dont know how much I actually believe it but hey its worth a shot right xD

• Yeah I think it'll look good on you

• Nope.

My face is still the same, except looks a bit more "mature."

I don't know how to word it.

:p

• Lucky girl ;)

• Subtle brag...

• I'm not bragging, I swear. I just meant like as a late bloomer it was confusing as hell to go from 'you're ugly' to 'you're not totally ugly' ehh I dont know how to explain it without sounding conceited. Like all the other girls went through puberty when they were in year 7 and I was like in year 11.

• Oh and ignore the so cute on the picture on me earlier. My friend found that photo and sent it to me on snapchat. I think I look more deranged than cute XD

• you weren't ugly. The change was cute to mysterious.