How do I become pretty?

Guys I need help. I've grown up in a household of men and I seriously don't know the first thing about being pretty. I'm a plain Jane. I'm 5'1, 160 pounds (yeah I'm chubby) and I get breakouts from time to time on my face. I feel like I got stuck with all the shitty genetics because everyone else in my family is breath takingly good looking (all my bros look like models and my girl cousins look like kardashians, no joke). I need help. What can I do to improve my looks? I took a picture to show you guys so you can get and idea of what I can do. I took a "real" photo, not one from an "angle" to make me look nice, nor any filters or editting at all. I have slight dark circles too. My ankles are cracking because of poor care. I feel like an ugly mess. I don't get it when you say "get a makeover," because what the hell is a makeover to begin with?
How do I become pretty?

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, remember that to be considered or not pretty is on the eye of the beholder. We all have our own beauty, in many ways.

About the looks, you could invest on working your body out. Not only this could make you less chubby, but could give you some needed dose of self esteem. Makes you have a more elegant shape too, so find some kind of activity you enjoy and go for it.

Growing with only men around may give you some trouble about knowing how to dress and make up in a more feminine way. You could invest on having more female friends who could help you in this. It is not a problem to be, say, a tomboyish girl, but the feminine traits do give women a touch of beauty.

A third suggestion could be investing in how you see yourself: if you keep repeating you've got the shitty genetics and believing in it, so it will be. Try to focus on what you have not on what others have. Lift your chin, breath and look at the mirror seeing how worthy of a woman you are, feel your own beauty and flip the bird to the negative thoughts.

Be happy!

• Thankyou Zamac! Your are the sweetest person! I wish you all the best in your life!

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, you are really gorgeous and your smile is really nice.

• thankyou! :) You are very sweet!

What Guys Said 6

• I think you have a very cute face - Just be yourself - If you want to be more girly maybe talk to your female cousins about what they wear. Read about fashion on the net to give yourself some ideas.

• thankyou! i'm going to do that!

• you are already beautiful there's nothing you need to change or do you have a natural beauty.. if you are trying to impress a guy just be yourself go shopping say are rue 21(guys and girls store) pic out a dress or a shirt and some pants make a quick outfit for a little bit of cash and thats it as far as your looks go you are a Rihanna (that means 10 or better)

• thankyou for the tip! Really appreciate it!

• You look beautiful to me

• remove that thing on ur nose.

• Nope, it's cultural. plus from where I am in the states a lot of people seem to like them.

• You look good love the smile what ever you do don't use makeup

• Lol well loose weight and face is 3/10 for now

• Thankyou, I'm already in the process of losing weight and I am working on my skin.

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly, you don't look bad. I would just suggest some lipstick, mascara, maybe eyeliner, maybe a little bit of blush. But if you want a whole load of makeup, look up a makeup tutorial on YouTube, they usually put a whole crap load on their face.