Are looks really that important?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not as important as mainstream media and it's commercial advertisers would like to brainwash you with imagery manipulation to make you believe so you come out of your pocket and believe the other lie they're trying to subliminally force you to accept. Of course people want to look as nice as possible as your appearance is the first thing people notice before they can get to know you and what type of person you are. Most of the time. Often though, you meet someone that you had no physical attraction to prior. Just happened meet them under any number of circumstances. You talk and get to know them and before you know it you developed deep feelings for them, but at first they didn't strike you as physically appealing. Happens more often than you'd think.

Ultimately, after you've grown up emotionally and see the bigger picture, you're looking for someone you can live with once they're looks have worn on you and they're personalities and character traits shove their looks into the background one way or another.

Depends on what you want in life too. Those things change too as you get older and you hire and mature and your goals and what's most important to you changes.

The younger you are the more important looks will be to you generally speaking. Look around. Are the seemingly happiest couples always the best looking?

My view of the matter, anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks matters, but I've seen some really good looking people. Whose personality crappy which makes them unattractive... Being good looking has it's advantages. Many people would approach you, etc. BUT, looks fade, good personality and heart is what makes someone stays with you So, looks isn't everything. If that makes sense?

What Guys Said 14

• Damn right!!! and anybody who tells you differently is either full of shit, ugly themselves or they're good looking but don't want to make other people who aren't feel bad about themselves so they'll lie and say that they don't i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• to a certain extent, and depending on the context.

• They are always important, to both guys and girls. People who say otherwise don't even realize that it's important to them and have taken it for granted. However, it's not that you need to look "hot" or something. That's not true. Looks are important for everyone, but what looks good to each person is going to be completely different and unique. So, what that means is that you don't have to worry about your looks. They're a big deal, but at the same time, they're not a big deal.

• I don't think so at all.

• Whenever we see a person first time
    According to looks we make our first opinion about person that should we talk or not. it is due to previous encounters with similar faced person.. Second thing is we attracted due to looks although this attraction mayor may not last for long
    I think due to this the looks matter.

• You could have my dream personalit, but if you look busted af. I'm not gonna date you.

• i was asking this questions the other day and i found out that most people here believe looks are important but speaking for myself looks are important but not as important as personality and behavior

• Yeah i would say so i have a dating profile on okcupid and my picture is with a woman wrestler and a girl replied to one of my messages asking if i was the one on the right i said no she said darn and never messaged me again

• I just know very important for me !

• I actually think they are. Doesn't mean plastic surgery.

• In real world it is up to certain extent.

• yes they are quite important if you ask me, but obviously looks ain't everything

• Of course they are. At least from the start because your looks are noticed before your personality when you are in person. Obviously the opposite if done online.

• They are the fist thing you see but I don't think they are any more important than other factors. If you know nothing about how a car works, how reliable it is, how well it performs what it's gas mileage will be, whether it's comfortable to sit in & etc of course you will choose one on looks. You have nothing else to go on.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes looks are important. Being physically attracted to a partner is one of the components of a healthy and happy relationship. You just can't be with someone you don't find appealing.

• They are, because you have eyes and they have a face/body that you want to see, assuming the're someone you care about. Looks are the initial, but most people can see people as more or less attractive (even physically) after being around them for a long time and getting to know them. So if you're stressed about it, don't be! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway :)

• They're not THAT important, but yes they are important.

• Extrely important