Someone just called me a grandma?

OK, I officially want to cry. I'm almost 25 and I have two kids ages 5 and 2. A new neighbor moved in yesterday and started talking. She said she was 47, I told her she looks younger. She then asked if my 2 year old was my grandson... I said no. She then said "really? But he is just a baby?" Since my son was going into her driveway I took the opportunity to pick him up and say "have a nice day". I bawled once I got in because another woman who doesn't know me said the same thing.

What can I do? If I was 45 I could accept it but I'm almost 25!!! 😢😩

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe lose weight and take care of yourself? i think they are being sarcastic

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she was jealous of you and said that cause she was upset that you were younger than her and had your whole life ahead of you. In the future do not talk to her or give her one last chance before cutting her out completely.

• I think so too. That lady was probably jealous of you, asker, lol.

What Guys Said 12

• That's just strange. Forget about it.

• Maybe she took the "you look younger" compliment as a "you're old, but you don't look so old" or something like that, and got upset. Don't give it too much thought: you're 25; I'm sure you don't look like a grandmother.

• Lol. poor girl. Post some photos (preferably on Imgur so you can delete them once you are done looking for opinions) and we will tell you how old you look.

• What do you look like?

• We r waiting ur pic grandma

• Share a picture then we can tell if they were being silly or not.

• They're just innocent kids, they don't know any better. If you are a grandma... then I belong in a museum.
    But I'm still fast as a museum piece!

• What do you look like? Do you think you look older?

• dont worry. one 16 years old girl told me i am looking like a father of two kids. and i dont mind it. its their view. at the end of day what we think about ourselfes is matters

• do you look that older... ?

• Potentially insensitive opinion alert but I'll do my best not to. Personally I think we should stop being so anti aging. Human life is trending in a way that children born today are being estimated to live into their 120s somewhat regularly some even peaking at 150. We get old it's part of life. When you look at yourself and say "I'm getting old and I don't like it" what you're really saying is old is ugly. But is it really? Or is that just an opinion? Even if it's an opinion you think is shared by the masses that doesn't make it a fact. Maybe taking the time to appreciate the beauty that comes with the aging body instead of demonizing it will help us learn to love our looks in any time period. Personally I can't wait for my hair to get that distinguished grey. I'm not saying lie to yourself about what you think is attractive just make a little extra effort to notice the beauty that sometimes comes with old age. its only a negative experience if you think it's one. And studies show people with positive outlooks on age tend to maintain their health physically and mentally much longer than those who have negative ones. Also I've met older people who get a little insulted when younger people give them "compliments" about how young they look. Maybe her response was more about what you said rather than who you are.

• She's a bitch

What Girls Said 8

• This woman sounds like a classic catty middle aged suburban woman who thrives on bringing others down to feel good about herself. I have never in my life seen a 25 year old that looks like could pass as a grandmother. I don't think she genuinely believed that you are a grandma, she was being a bitch and she knew it and liked it.

• I think she's a bit delusional, I mean.. you're 25 there's no way in hell unless you spent 10000000 hours baking in the sun, smoked to the point you coughed up a lung there's no way you'd look like a grandmother, she was just pulling your chain xx

• i agree

if she assumed you were in your 30s... heck even 40s yea it might be a bit believable
      but a grandma? no way

• I don't smoke or tan :/

• Exactly so she's probably just an asshole haha

• She's just jealous, some old ladies say dumb things like that about young people all the time. Dress in something really pretty and have some of your friends over to do something fun, make the old hag even more jealous. Maybe then she'd learn to keep her mouth shut.

• She's joking with you, lol.

My mom is in her 40s, i have a 8 year old brother. People think she's his grandmother.

you're only 25, you can't look like an old lady. Unless, if youve done 1383 plastic surgeries, and burnt your skin.

• No surgeries and I don't tan on purpose :/

• She's either jealous that's you're young or she's joking. But something tells me she's jealous that her time is almost up and you're still young and you can do whatever you like.

• Da fuck? What are those people been smoking?

Do you have grey hair or something? Other wise I honestly can't understand how they could think that.

• That girl is stupid. Don't pay any attention to her. She is mad that you're young and beautiful and she is old. She is just trying to bring you down.

• it could be the way you dress or do your hair, maybe your doing something wrong with your makeup that ages you

• I don't wear make up :/

• But you could be right

• i don't know what you look like, but i think they're just exaggerating. 20 years difference, come on dude!