Girls, How to do a perfect messy bun?

I've tried before, but it didn't exactly work out... What should I do? And what was I doing wrong?

4

Most Helpful Girl

• Flip your head over as if you were trying to make a pony tail, grab the hair loosely, wrap it around forming a loose bun then pin it down. Last you can pull out small hairs around your edges. Remember practice makes perfect. You could even check out some of the videos on YouTube explaining this.

What Girls Said 3

• TIP 1: don't try so hard!! as you get anxious you tighten your grip and screw up the messy bun.
    or try those donut-hole bun things, and pull out strands for a "messy" effect

• Try curling your hair first or at least making it messy BEFORE putting it into the bun. Flip your head over and loosely put the elastic around it at the top of your head, then pull small bits and pieces out until you get the look you want

• Don't try at all. Hence-MESSY bun ;)