Would you judge someone for getting plastic surgery?

• Yes I would
  • No , it wouldn't effect my opinion on them

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, it's their body not mine.

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually don't judge any one.

However, I will formulate an opinion about this person based on the amount of plastic surgery they get.

If they are getting plastic surgery because---
    A) They feel insecure about a body part
    B) They've had children and want the body they had before
    C) They were in a terrible accident and it is required of them to get surgery
    D) Gender reassignment surgery
    E) Health re-lated reasons (ex. Gastric bypass surgery, removing a cancer in the body etc.)
    Then I see no problem at all in that.
    That is very understandable.

However, the problem that I do have is when someone does it because they are suffering from a psychological disorder such as:
    A) Body dysmorphic disorder (there will be no end, to the surgeries that they want)--This person will get nips and tucks here, and because of their disorder they will find another body part that they feel needs to be operated on (With BDD it is an endless cycle of disapproval that exists in oneself).

Even when someone isn't suffering from a psychological disorder if they feel the need to go overboard with the plastic surgery (pretty much almost get their entire body done), then I see something wrong with the individual.
    Although no professional diagnosed there has to be something wrong with someone to literally want almost every body part altered in some way.

I feel at that person as insecure, or someone who probably went through a traumatic event of some sort at one point in their lives.

If you are constantly changing yourself... then who are you?

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 14

• It depends on the reason. Can't vote on this one. Cosmetic surgery is not really neccessary, like boob jobs. But to remove scar tissue it's OK and desirable.

• Maybe to some extent. But only if it was not for something serious.

• depends on the results

• Probably yes, unless they had a really good reason to do it.

• Sorry but yes.
    A lot of people are already beautiful as they are and then... get that surgery... I find it a pity, what drove you to that...

• no not at all because there is nothing wrong with wanting to feel comfortable in your own skin! i think the term plastic surgery is so bad also, it suggests false or not genuine but thats not the case at all in my own opinion

• No but i would think less of them

• No, that's none of my business. In fact any surgery is none of my business.

• no it depends

• no, at the end of the day, its there body and there choice, so i see no reason to judge

• yes, it sould be discouraged.

• I wouldn't judge them but I won't approve of it cus it's for a good cause

• Yes, to me, it seems a waste of money, and seems immoral, should like the way you are

• If they needed reconstructive surgery, then that's fine, but some girl fretting that her boobs aren't big enough is someone I'd judge.

What Girls Said 4

• Only if they're underage like Kylie Jenner, there's something seriously wrong that needs to be addressed there. As for adults, it's their life they can spend their money how they wish.

• I said no, but it really depends on WHY they got it.

• Nah, they could have their reasons so it's not my business.

• I wouldn't judge if a person gets plastic surgery because they don't like a certain part of their body and would feel better if they modified a bit of their look... however I wouldn't like it if a person gets surgery to gain attention from others and fish compliments when they know they look beautiful (thanks to plastic surgery). In my opinion that makes them look extremely fake and attention seekers.