How old do I look? Do I look older or younger than my age?

People say looking young for your age is really good like actress Kim Yoo Jung (Who is 16) and Kpop vocalists Shin Jimin and Goo Hara who were born in 1991 (Are 24). But then i see American idols like Kylie Jenner and Bella Thorne who are 18 but look like in their 30's. It seems to be the trend in America to look way older, i am only10 months younger than Kylie and about 6 months younger than Bella which makes me 17. But people think i am younger than what i am. I love Kpop and i never follow American trends, i only like Korean trends these days, I am African by the way but have a long history with Korea. I love how the Kpop Idols look and i don't really like how the trends here in America but sometimes i feel pressured to look like these young ladies my age and try to look sexy like them. Which is better, looking older or younger?

Most Helpful Guy

• People's perception of age is HEAVILY influenced by their own age.

That is to say, it is easy to think people older than you look WAY older, and for people younger to look WAY younger. Looking up pictures of Bella Thorne, I think it is crazy to suggest she looks like she is in her 30s. I will say she does look more mature for her age.
    I am 25, and you look like a child to me. Of course, you are 17, 8 years younger than me, so that's pretty reasonable.

Other things, make-up, clothing style, blah blah, can also make you look younger or older.
    But you shouldn't be concerned with your age. You should be concerned with your character and yourself. Work to be the person you know you should be and don't worry how long that takes.

Most Helpful Girl

• You look 14. Why are you in a hurry to grow old like 25?

• I mean its not that i am in a hurry to look old. The thing is i like trends that make you look younger or stay young, but since you know i am 17 sometimes i feel pressure to look a little older because i live in America and that seems to be the trend here with girls my age even though i don't want to.

• I never got caught with it. :P. No I'm not easily influenced.

• Well good for you. I am not either but sometimes people are pressured everyone is different, doesn't , eam we will go and do it.

What Guys Said 5

• Your profile picture looks like you're 12 years old.

• You still look freaking 16

• your profile pic looks about 13

• If you said to me "hey dude, im 12 years old" ... I would believe it

• You look like 13-14 year old

What Girls Said 1

• You are being a hypocrite... kpop trends pressure people to be lighter and more cute. Which is harder for you... since you have dark skin. Shin jimin looks disabled and is a wannabe rapper... come on haven't you seen unpretty rapstar.

• Plus what about the butt dance and all those sexy mvs where they are in booty shorts and croptops (heart attack by aoa). Personally im a bts fan

• I prefer guy groups because i am bts biased and i like got7

• Oh cool i like girl groups because i am 4minute biased :)