Which gives a more accurate representation of yourself, a mirror or a picture?

I always wonder. Which one am i more like.. the guy in the photos or the guy looking back at me in the mirror

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• A mirror. A picture makes me look someone I'm not and gives people a wrong idea about my looks.

• I've read that you see yourself, assumedly in a mirror, 5x better looking than you actually are. I look awful in pictures so I believe they are a more accurate representation.

• I wonder that too, but the mirror is actually a more reputable source since a picture is just a snapshot, and you could've been making a weird pose or something (but people see you differently than what you do in the mirror)

What Guys Said 10

• I would say the camera, especially if it isn't a posed shot.

When we look in the mirror, we consciously or subconsciously pose ourselves in a way to make ourselves look most attractive in our own view, and we have lots of practice doing it. Whereas a camera just shows us as we are, without giving us chance to pose ourselves perfectly first.

When they say 'the camera adds ten pounds' maybe it is more correct to say 'the mirror takes off ten pounds'!

• When I see myself in a picture I'm like "eww, what the fuck?" But in a mirror I'm like "damn son, you looking goooood."
    Si hopefully the mirror is more accurate hahaha

• Mirror. I see myself better when looking at a mirror than at a picture. I am not always comfortable having someone snap a picture of me.

• The picture of course since the person you see in the mirror is the complete opposite of you ! That guy is even left handed !

• I look at myself in the mirror and I ask is this how people see me?
    Because I think I look pretty good.
    But in pictures I look bad..

• Neither is an accurate image of how you look. When you look in a mirror you subconsciously position yourself to look the best. A picture is a non-moving image and isn't a clear representation of what you look like.

• I hope a mirror because i look a lot better in mirrors. I look very different in photos, ita weird. My eyes look small and my face seems more wider in a photo where as in a mirror, my face looks normal and big eyes.

• the mirror is real time the photo is not therefore the mirror does.

• People have 2 eyes, cameras have 1...

• Neither, if you want to get a good idea of the impression you make watch a video someone else make of you without your knowledge.