If I tan once a year will I be more prone to skin aging?

Or is it not that big of a deal?

Most Helpful Guy

• Every bit of sun exposure can damage your skin. The effects are cumulative, so once a year isn't as bad as spending every day in the sun, but it is still best to avoid tanning if you want to preserve your youthful appearance. It is possible to look quite young into your 50's and 60's if you avoid tobacco, the sun, and overeating. Check out Andie McDowell and Cybill Shepherd.

What Guys Said 5

• You will be more prone to skin problems than someone who tans zero times a year, and less prone to issues than someone who tans several times a year.

• Tanning in general isn't good for your skin. But, if you do it "once in a while for 5-10 minutes max you should be fine.

• The answer is yes.

• Yeah I think that's how it works. I wouldn't stress over it too much though.

• Ageing couldn't say but y97 have drastically increased the odds of skin cancer

What Girls Said 2

• You're going to have all the PC responses but honestly? Once a year, don't worry about it.

Wear sunscreen, take good care of your skin, don't burn, and you'll be fine. People need some sunlight (we're becoming a vitamin D deficient nation). Genetics are the biggest factor when it comes to this anyway, unless you practically live in the tanning bed.

• Any amount of tanning is bad for you