Is 150 lbs too fat for 5'7"?

I'm a girl who is 5'7" and 150 lbs. I am not muscular and was wondering if that is too much for my size? My measurements are 36" 29" 36". People say I carry me weight well and I don't look that fat, but some people still think I should lose weight. My problem area is definitely my waist since a lot of girls on here say they are around 24-25" there and I'm several inches thicker :( Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• My personal opinion? No, your weight is perfectly fine for your height. If i met you in person, and liked your face, and personality, your body would not hold me back. However, you are right about the waist. I am always more attracted to women with wide hips and a thin waist. But unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about that. People will tell you to target your abdominal region by doing some sit ups, but the truth is: you can not target areas to burn fat. You can target areas to build muscle, but you can not target areas to burn fat. The only way to burn fat is by running, but if you do that, you will lose fat everywhere and you will have the same hip-waist ratio, you'll just be smaller. Also if you do situps with no running, you will not see any progress. All you will do is get rock hard abs hidden by a layer of fat.

If you do sit ups AND run, your abs will become visable. But PLEASE don't do that, because there is almost no bigger turn off than abs on a woman 😖

So in my opinion, you do not have a bad body, so you should keep it the same, otherwise you will just make it worse.

• Thank you so much for your in-depth response, first of all. Everyone else wasn't very helpful. Secondly, I do sit-ups and planks three times a week, and 3 sets of 10 reps for each. I can plank for about a minute straight, so I definitely think I have some core muscles developing. And I did realize that too late, that just doing situps will not help shed fat. I really wish people didn't tell me that all my life because honestly it's such a waste of time to develop muscles you can't see. I think at least a little running will definitely help and make me feel more confident about my appearance and waist. I just won't go overboard.

And I also think bone structure also may have something to do with it. Certain women are more prone to have thin waists with large hips, and I think my body as far as shape goes would be like Kate Upton, not a huge hip-waist ratio at all.

• Hahaha alright, I know that, no one wants a muscular girl lol. Female bodybuilders are utterly terrifying, I would definitely rather be soft then too fit or muscular. Thanks for your input!

• No problem. Good luck :)

What Guys Said 10

• Nope. That sounds perfect, to me.

• I am Not Alone when I Say, a lot of Guys Like a little thicker Girl, Someone who actually has some meat on their Bones, ur not fat hun

• Thank you, a lot of people say I look lighter then I am so I don't know. I think I'm average but who knows

• Well Personally I Prefer and LOVE BBW's, Which You are Far From, See I Love like 100 pounds More than You, More to Play with, and so Soft, Soooo SEXXXXY

• Sounds good to me.

• You are normal weight.

• Thank you, that's what my doctor told me.

• No problem. I just noticed how my comment made me sound bad at English haha.

• I'd say nope, but if you want a smaller waist go for it.

• That's a little heavy for a girl in my opinion. Try to lose a few pounds.

• Sounds normal to me. Don't listen to what other people say. Thicker is better anyways.

• I don't think I'm thick :(

• I meant thick as in healthy, normal, what a real woman should look like. Curvy. Thick is a positive, not a negative.

• Oh alright, sorry it sounded a little negative to me. And boys my age use it as an insult. Thank you.

• no way thats not at all fat for your height!!

• That's fine. If you are unhappy with your look then find what you don't like and fix it.

• Yeah. filler.

What Girls Said 8

• No it's well within a healthy weight range. If anyone has anything to say about your weight tell them to go take a flying leap.

Everyone has a different set of ratios and measurements. Just worry about being the best you you can be instead of what other people going on.

• *takes a flying leap even though he doesn't think 150 is heavy at all* WEEEEE...

• Thank you, that means a lot. I hate how everyone says I "should" be this or that. Like, I don't overeat! I should just workout a little.

• No problem :) It's your body. You get to make your own decisions based on your own wants. At the end of the day NONE of us can say what's right for you or not because it's not our body.

• I am 5'6" and weigh 130 pounds. However, my waist is around 27" (and shrinking, mind you) so I wouldn't worry about that, everyone's waist is different! People often lie on the internet too. In the nicest way possible, there's absolutely nothing wrong with joining a gym, if it's convenient. I've honestly really grown to love going to the gym.

• I'm 18 and don't have my license yet, so it isn't super convenient. And true, a lot of anonymous users judged me when not even trying to sound arrogant, if I posted a picture they wouldn't think I am fat. But as far as the gym goes, my best friend works there and I'm thinking if I got a job there it would be easier for me to workout regularly.

• i do not think you are fat

• The recommended zone is 135 to 155 for 5'7 my goal weight at the same height is 145

• no, your measurements are awesome.

• Girl, love yourself. Dont change for anyone else, it's not worth it.

• Thank you! self love is very important. My boyfriend thinks I'm fine so I shouldn't really care what anyone else thinks.

• I don't I think u should lose a bit of weight. I am same height and weight 120lbs

• Good for you, you're also 15 and not done growing

• *sigh* NO.

• No, it's not healthy or no I'm not fat?

• Oh okay, thank you. I agree, my first goal is to just lose 10 and I think it'll just make me a lot more confident without being too skinny.

• Perfect! Good luck hun :)