Girls, am I fat or just over thinking it?

I am a 19 year old female, and I am 5 ft 6. I weigh 166 pounds. Is that fat or considered obese for my height.

11

Most Helpful Girl

• A little chubby.

What Girls Said 10

• I would have to know your body type to be able to say for sure since your height isn't a sure way to say what weight you should be. See a doctor to calculate your BMI before considering any kind of weight loss.

• I am 5' 6'' and normal, healthy "target" weight right now, and that's 130 pounds.
    When I considered myself "fat" a few years ago, I was your weight. So yeah, in my book you're fat.

• This is a dead honest answer, and in no way am I judging you.

Yes, you are overweight. Not obese, just overweight. You could do with losing around 20 pounds. Regardless of what the other people here are saying, there are problems with being overweight, but they have nothing to do with physical appearance. We all know this, despite people denying it.

• No you're not fat at all! I'm 5'8, 163lbs. You may be closer to the chubbier end but you are in no way fat or even close to obsese

• Thank you. I don't know sometimes I just feel a little fat. Even though many say otherwise. I had some weight issues growing up, and I have been called fat, and etc. I had low self esteem, and still I somewhat do to this day. Thank you for your oppion I surely appreciate it was comforting to read.

• It's hard for me to picture but I'm 5'5 and I weigh 125; I consider myself regular sized. So you're 1 inch taller but 40 pounds heavier so you're probably overweight.

• Girl you're fine. I would love to be at your size.

• Tbh that's fat. But who gives a fuck? If you want to lose weight lose weight if you don't then who cares?
    https://youtu.be/QgP6WNUuzeY

• Your bmi is in the overweight range.

• I think you're slightly overweight

• I'm 5'7" and 150 and people on here left and right called me "Fat" or "thick," so fuck them, I think that's fine. If you wanted to lose a little to feel more confident in your skin, then go for it. But please, don't ever starve yourself, or take people's criticism harshly. You should do it for you, and no one else. Hope I helped dear <3