To be a model it always necessary to get work done on the face (surgery)?

I really want to be a model cause one I love fashion trends and makeup... im pretty good designing cloths and do great makeup trends... i know pretty much everything about it but the thing is to be a model will sugery always be recommended? I know I used to want surgery like anything but iv come to emrace my looks after a really long time...

iv seen tones of models who completely changed there faces but I wouldn't want to go under the knife at all...

and my body measurements are 32b-26-36... height 5'2,.. weight 108...

and in case your wondering my pic I in the avatar...

As for height is being short a major issue?
And I don't want to be a runway model type just wanted to modeling for makeup brands and hairs...

Most Helpful Guy

• I know in many states they don't mind shorter models but follow your dreams
    i believe if you want do something than do it , I'd have no problem having a
    a girlfriend / wife who wanted to go into modeling ,

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if you really look like a pear then you might want to consider it but other than that I think you should try without first. A lot of agencies look for girls that stand out and look different from all other girls. Girls with plastic surgery tend to all look similar. A good comparison for that is Jennifer Grey the chick in Dirty Dancing. She had a large nose and got it fixed. After that her career tanked and she couldn't get work. She changed the feature that made her stand out. Food for thought :-)

• Sorry about the pair pic lol... if u can see my face now this is how I look...

• Well I didn't want to do runway exactly but wanted to do face modeling for makeup branded... since I'm into makeup...

• I would say go for it. Your going to want to save some pennies and get some really nice head shots done for a portfolio and then possible get an agent but that isn't really a need until you start getting jobs. Then start searching for places and send them your pics and a letter explaining why you would be good for their brand. Really market yourself and you could get some gigs. Good luck :-)

What Guys Said 6

• Yes height does matter.. I have a buddy who is a profesional photographer and I've worked projects with him. He told me that if the model is shorter than 5' 6, no matter what angle is shot, she will look like too child-like.

Just his opinion though

• Um... It doesn't matter if you get plastic surgery or not, you don't qualify for fashion modelling because your hips are too big and you're too short.

• Well u are good looking. But models have to be tall all the time (dont ask me why) but that's what the problem will be, I bet you are really pretty and dont need modeling stuff

• A model who gets plastic surgery or fake boobs is like a body builder or athlete who takes steroids.

• don't they all do that anyway though? or is that just an urban myth?

• @OnionsNstuff Probably not even a myth but I mean someone who becomes a weightlifting champion of super model without all those artificial enhancements will generally be held in higher esteem than someone who shot steroids up their ass or got lip and ass injections.

• Which is why I don't want to go under any of those things...

• Models usually have a lot of make up on them, i don't think they get plastic surgeries anywhere on their body.

• That avatar... its you? I think you already made too much to your face..

What Girls Said 4

• Do you mean glamour models? Because usually they go under the knife, not high fashion models so much. Anyways, you are too short to become a high fashion model or catalog model. I don't know about glamour modeling. Height is a major issue.

Hair modeling or editorial modeling doesn't require 5'7 height but you still might be too short.

• For makeup brands and hairs? I don't think it's necessary to get surgery since there are models who model for make up brands without any surgery, but I think they have extreme facial beauty standards for face shots and you probably need voluminous hair too, since that's all people get to see and it needs to be entrancing enough that people want to buy the products.

• Yes I only wanted to do makeup and hair...

• 5 2"' is not good enough for being a model..

• I just figured it was all makeup.