Why do guys look so good and women look ugly?

I am a girl so I am not bashing my own gender but it's basically the truth that women look bad without makeup while men look amazing without anything and I am talking about the handsome ones, the ones who are blessed with good genetics. They don't need tons of foundation or concealors to make them look pretty. They just look good without using anything!

Women look like a mess when they are seen without makeup. Only the natural beauties look good without makeup and such females are really rare, who don't look much different or bad without makeup.
Usually, girls change their entire appearance with makeup and once its taken off, it's gone and the real face doesn't look all that good.

But with guys, they glow naturally and those who are blessed with gorgeous eyes or a sexy look, they don't need any stuff to enhance their beauty.

I have seen a couple of guys with naturally radiant skin and it just made me feel so inadequate. One guy I know can literally put the entire female population to shame with his gorgeous eyes, eyelashes and hair. Girls wearing tons of makeup and fake lashes would look like drag queens next to him.

I mean I feel pretty jealous on seeing them. How does this happen?

Most Helpful Guy

• Since guys don't wear makeup, we create standards of beauty for men that are based on natural appearances. Since women do wear makeup, our standards are based on women wearing makeup. It is all a matter of expectations.

My girlfriend looks beautiful without makeup in the mornings.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a theory that most women's skin need make up BECAUSE of the problems make up creates for their skin. Most women start plastering foundation etc on their faces from their early teens and it's not a surprise that the gender that tends to put a layers of gunk on their faces every day has worse skin, overall. I don't wear foundation - never have because it gives me spots, whereas I have clear skin when I use nothing on my face but moisturiser and SPF. Foundation/powder is a big con/ vicious cycle, as far as I am concerned and most women would have far better skin if they never touched the stuff.

• Apologies for typos.

• I also feel I should put my money where my mouth is, when preaching no makeup. So this is me, 30 mins ago - the only thing on my face is moisturiser. Almost clear, apart from one very minor spot brought on by my period. http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=99e99cb

• nice eyelashes girl!

What Guys Said 18

• Actually, it happens because you assume that makeup is a necessity in order to look "good", when in reality it is just paint on the face. It is absolutely superfluous and unnecessary.

Do you know what makes many girls look unattractive? Messed up makeup, ugly unnatural colors that make their eyelids and lips look weird, and their eyelashes look like spider legs. If they didn't cover up their features in an effort to "emphasize" , many girls would look waaaay more attractive.

• Well we just look good I guess lol

There are tons of naturally beautiful women out there though, a lot of women just make the mistake of using makeup to the point were it overshadows their natural beauty instead of using it to highlight their features. It is after all called makeup not coverup.

• Congratulations, you are straight.

• what do you mean?

• Basically what you are saying is "I find men attractive, not women". That makes you straight.

• It's cause girls lie to themselves and say they want to be called beautiful but then insult a guy for calling them beautiful. Cause they don't see the beauty in themselves. So most guys quit trying and many times end up saying no to the right girl. Girls beat themselves up guys want the companionship but girls label it heavily as he just wanted to get in my pants. Which makes every guy sound like a jerk.

• We do?
    We glow?
    Have you been watching Twilight again?

• That is the problem women tend to forget you need to let your skin breathe putting makeup on all the time clogs up your pours which makes your skin look more and more unappealing when make up is not applied so women become dependent on it. What I am basically saying is try and go a while without make up and see what people say about your skin after a few weeks.

• I think the makeup might gradually worsen girls' skin and they would ultimately need makeup to cover up the flaws. I would rather do something to better my natural looks rather than "paint up the flaws and get more flawed". I think girls wear makeup just due to their own insecurities. Guys usually prefer girls without makeup.

• Are u serious? Girls are beautiful though. Guys are just guys. And they are just kinda there. We all admire the beauty of a female. With beautiful eyes and lips. U can't beat it

• You are entitled you to own opinion, but I beg to differ.

• Makeup is bad on a girl they are pretty naturally.

• some men are ugly some are handsome, some women are ugly some are beautiful. The law of averages always applies

• Silly you!

It's the ladies who really shine!

• Most of my girlfriends never wore make up and they were hot

• Lol I mean not anyone can be this ripped, nomsayin.

• yeah most women are ugly, that applies for all people though... .

• i think woman are beautiful but men are stunning creatures that is why girls attracts to us but they don't agree it.

• You must be like the only straight girl on here. Most girls on here say guys are ugly and women are much more pleasing to the eye especially when naked.

• Women generally do look awful without make up and those who don't are only ever between the ages of 16-25 and are rare.

But men don't look better per-say it's just we have not been able to fake better looks with make up for years and years and had people get used to the fake look to the point where the natural look is awful in comparison.

What Girls Said 17

• 1|3
    • I can only agree with you beautiful ! 😊

• @JuicyBrain.
      Thank you.
      But what I was trying to get across is that the average women does not look a "mess" without makeup.

• Your message got across... I can only agree with you AND you are beautiful 😉
      I prefer when women don't use make up or very little makeup. Oh it's no deal breaker. She can doll up all she wants for a soiree, but the full make up thing everyday? Can't be good for your skin...

• IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/ehyk9e.jpg[/IMG]
    You may hate yourself but I refuse to :)
    Thick foundation makes their skin over time dull I guess, I just wear spf lotion and some eyeliner and mascara every day. But I think women get enough hate from men and we need to stop hating each other on top of that! women are beautiful!
    ... most of us look like little kids without makeup though at least that's why I wear it people think I'm 12 without it, it's awful!

• Because most put a ton of make up on their skin instead of letting it breathe.

Not that I never wear make up, but there are days where I only put on some mascara and that's it. People who have seen me without make up barely see a difference because I barely wear make up. And if I do, not tons. Unless I'm up for something big Lol

It is a matter of treating your skin properly. So you won't regret it later in life.

Most men don't use anything at all. That's all.

• You think that because you are a woman and are not attracted to your own gender. When men look at woman - they think woman are good looking and men are ugly.

• Well this theory is typically applied to other animals and not humans but for the sake of this question let's just use it. So there is this term called sexual selection and what it is basically natural selection for reproduction so most animals will choose mates that have certain characteristics which speak of their fitness (ability to survive and reproduce healthy offspring). Usually through evolution, the evolutionary pressure to become more attractive to the opposite sex is high in the sex which does the "chasing" or the "courting." This is why in some crab species males have evolved to have larger chela (pincher or claw) then each other because females find that attractive and are typically willing to mate with the male crab with the largest pincher. Same with birds, the males usually have the more beautiful song or the more colorful feathers. It's evolution at work. So assuming humans follow that sexual selection pattern, then, males should be the more attractive sex.

• Did you ever think about the fact that girls use too many makeup and even their boyfriend don't know how they are without it? Of course makeupless girls seems uglier than boys, they have those faces till their birth while we hide ourself behind a fake "beautiful" face and what happens when you wash your face? You feel ugly obviously!

• Whaaaa? Women are ugly without makeup? Nahh

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...wpwzxA1s95u0do1_500.gif

• It's not that you're ugly or not.
    It's because the stereotype of a pretty girl: big eyes, long lashes, big lips, etc.
    I don't know how are you, but I bet you that if you use make up it's for look like certain model or something like that.
    I'm not saying its bad because I do the same jajaja

• yes, men can look awesome without putting anything on. maybe since they have more angular features?

• some people have good skin and/or pretty eyes. it's not related to gender in my experience.

• My perception = Naturally good and naturally bad looks exist in both genders

• Maybe it's cause of testosterone or some shit like that...

• Because society hasn't told them that they look ugly without makeup.

• Women are the most beautiful! Wimen represent beauty femininity and grace! Why do companies use females to sell products? Because women are beauties!
    I'm offended at the makeup shaming here! Makeup only enhances natural beauty!
    Makeup isn't paint and it won't hide bump lumps and coconuts! There is a Russian lady who is creating a beauty atlas and featuring gorgeous women worldwide

• Speak for yourself there girl.

• I'm a girl and have only worn make-up for Halloween. I get hit on/smiled at/ stared at 10 or more depending where I am.. If I'm in Latin America way more every hour or half hour I don't know probably 10 every 20 minutes.

• Honestly I see a lot of pretty girls as much as I see good looking men. I know plenty of girls who I think are pretty with or without makeup. However, I am also one of those ones who don't look even if I wear layers of makeup. So my opinion could be out of insecurity.