Why are big butts glorified these days?

Back in my dad, a small, tight round butt was seen as hot. Not these fat, disgustingly large butts you see on people like Iggy Azalea or some ofthe college girls I see these days. I know it's preference but why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess preferences have changed. It's generational, as my generation loves them. The girl in the video below has a nearly ideal butt for me.

www.youtube.com/watch

What Guys Said 27

• It's all about #SexApppeal baby. When a guy sees a girl who not only has some nice hips + thunder thighs (from a front POV). He already knows that she probably has a nice fat ass that "sits up just right " to go right alongside them (an "ass cuff" is what I like to call it). Here's an example of an ass that is perfect media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...d5c5e54655ae.jpg

Why? Cuz men are very visual creatures ( #IMHO the more movement a girl body has the better off she'll be when it comes to attracting a man. Well beside having a #cute face that is) so when we see a wide hip girl walking towards up with an ass that can be see jiggling from the front we get #horny.

Now some guys will say I'm not #attracted to those types of girl I say "yeah let her #twerk that MF on ya... I bet ya dick get hard quite easily" when compared to a petite girl with no body like this legacy.barstoolsports.com/.../...ox_office_big.jpg

Here's a girl with a nice physique IMHO who can fill out her clothes just right <3 www.lxprecords.com/.../apple40.jpg Overall I see a lot of girls with #FlatAsses hating on them all because the men #Lust after them ^_^

• The are not disgusting. Don't say such things. It is just not your cup of tea and that's all.

As far as I can tell for the western world it started with Jenifer Lopez in the late 90's. Shen she became popular thing started to change.

It is the media that has the power to change our perception. Just look at history. Our perception of beauty has changed so much. From pale to tanned, from small butts to large butts, etc. Once the media pushes a certain look our perception will eventually change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrp0zJZu0a4

• it's not my preference. I like the tight round variety more.. much more. too much more, perhaps.

for the longest time, I thought the big butt thing was a joke. Even today, I'm still not convinced..

• Personally, I have no idea. But this whole thing smells like MTV to me.

And because it is politically-correct to not like anything associated with skinny.

• Trust me, very few guys actually like that shit. Women just got it in their head somehow that they should eat a ton of shit until it goes to their ass to make it all fat and jiggly. But trust me, that is NOT attractive. Most guys like medium sized, tight, toned, and round butts.

• Back in the day J Lo was the shit!

• because since j-lo and nicky minaj the media are on that sick trip for no good reason... it´s sickening.

• Waaah I see people liking things I don't have and don't like and I don't LIKE it waaaahhh for the purpose of this question I'll totally ignore the intense and widespread glorification of supermodels with little to no ass and skinny culture in general waaaaaaaahhhhh waaaaaahh and the fact that for CENTURIES prior to my 'day' natural curvy bigger butts were the preference

wwwwaaaaaaaaahh

• I don't know. Why do women want taller men?

• I like big but butts sorry i cannot lie

• The media has a massive role on showing and telling people what is attractive. Also at the same time there is a growing rate of obesity so the two ideas of social norms clash in our minds making us unsure of what is and isn't normal.
    If that makes any sense at all

• Obesity isn't necessarily the same as having a big butt. Not to mention there is no true evidence of an increase of "obesity", unless you agree with what our biased, ignorant media wants to tell us.

• I like big butts and I cannot lie

• Well I've always been attracted to big butts since I reached puberty, but big butt with horrible shape is a big turn off, and tbh I'm more of a boob person...

• Actually, I agree with you. An ass like this sort of just grosses me out.

• No nonot just big we men like NICE butts don't matter if big or small

• Not glorified by me... i dont like big asses

• Why are big dicks glorified?

• Really, they're not. Most women don't care about penises at all, contrary to popular belief.

• That's not true lol

There were lots of polls done even here on gag and almost all women preferred above average

• Celebrities like Kim Kardashian is why.
    I can't stand her and her family

• times changes.. duh.

• Actually I think they are weird too. A big butt is not a good butt

• Times change, styles, and tastes change, but I agree with you

• Big butts and exaggerated sexual features in general are associated with shorter childhoods and early puberty. The longer the brain has to develop, the more developed it turns out. This is why humans are so much smarter than other apes, and why puberty should be delayed if possible.

People (especially girls) in recent decades have been experiencing puberty earlier and earlier. A girl who grows up without a father is more likely to have puberty earlier. Fatherless homes have been on the rise due to legislation that gives an unfairly large amount of power to women.

In the animal kingdom, a longer time to maturity is associated with certain sexual and mental traits. This is called "K selection". Specifically, the traits of lower fertility, later puberty/maturation, longer lives, lower aggressiveness, and lower flightiness are all K selected.

Epigenetics is a real phenomenon; the next generation can have very different traits from the parent generation. We see this happening very clearly with eyesight; people today have much worse eyesight than people 25 years ago. It would not surprise me if something similar were at work here with earlier puberty/bigger butts.

I think it's due to the chronic stresses people encounter in modern society. The stresses of unnatural work, nomadism, short lived relationships, xenoestrogens and other disruptive manmade chemicals, harmful natural chemicals released by man into the environment, etc. These things add up, and the body interprets them as indicators of an unstable environment. The body matures early, because early maturation is advantageous in an unstable environment.

• if you got it flaunt it
    its always been that way darling ever since cave man times

• 1. THEY aren't disgusting. YOU feel disgusted by them.
    2. Trends aren't about what people like they're about what people vocalize. Back in the day people liked big butts too they just didn't advertise it and today many people like small butts.
    3. Trends boom when things that go against the status quo are vocalized. Supporters stand up and as more people hear and realize their opinions aren't as isolated as they thought they speak up as well. Add in the scared flip floppers that grasp on to every bandwagon they can and boom you've got a new zeitgeist. In reality though the ideas were probably already there and just quite because people fear social isolation.
    4. Why are big booties desirable? Why is blonde hair desirable or having 5 fingers or having brown eyes or blah blah blah. It all comes down to two things: What your DNA says you like and what culture says is right.

• i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...400000578-291_306x662.jpg
    I know right... I mean just look at that thing...

• Her butt looks amazing to me but it's fake anyway. It doesn't match her hips and thighs, plus it doesn't jiggle.

• Plastic surgery is quite amazing to say the least lol

• This is what I'm talking about. I don't want to say that isn't a nice butt because I'm trying not to be mean, but that has NO shape. It it had nice shape, but was still the same size that would be amazing. BUt that butt sort of hangs... For me, it's not about the size but the shape. Nice big peach shaped butts, or little peach shaped butts are great. I don't see the appeal of just a 'big' butt.

• Small, tight, round butts are still seen as hot. Look at all the models. Iggy's butt isn't disgusting at all. It looks perfectly normal. Nothing gross about it lol.

• I find a lot of these big butts gross. They are so big and out of proportion it's just ridiculous looking.

What Girls Said 11

• Why are you passive aggressively bashing and belittling big butts by claiming they're "fat and disgustingly large"? Are you feeling inferior for having a flat ass? Hating on other women and trying to negate their attributes isn't going to make you more desirable, honey.

• It's just a preference people have. Like your preference is for 'small, tight round butts'.
    To be honest though, I don't think that curvy women (with bigger butts) are any more glorified than slimmer girls, without big butts. Like you said, it's just a preference and that is all.
    But please, have some respect. Those 'fat, disgustingly large butts' still belong to somebody. A person who wakes up everyday like you and has insecurities like everyone else. I have - according to you- a 'disgustingly large butt' because it is so much bigger than my waist etc. I can't help that. So please, don't put people down because of the body they were born with.

• Wow, the amount of hate in here.. No wonder you decided to go anonymous, this isn't at all the way to try and glorify your own flat ass :') Please grow up, you're over 45 ffs

• Well she never said she had a flat ass, nor did she say she was mad about it. She was just curious, that is all.

• @cincinnatiredsfan ' these fat, disgustingly large butts', well, she doesn't seem very happy about it from what I see lol

• I LOVE big fat butts! I don't think she was being rude though, I think she was just being blunt. But due to political correctness, everyone seems to get offended by every single detail.

I can't understand if she said women with big butts were disgusting, because that would be an insult. But to say fat butts are disgusting is just a preference.

• My butt is big, but it is also tight round and firm

whats your deal, old lady?

jealous?

• mines natural i really can't help the size, dont be so hateful

• How do you girls with these massive butts wipe properly?

• mine isn't massive its perfectly proportioned to my body

and wtf? why would you want to know how someone wipes?
      you went from old lady to sick old lady.

you probably have a saggy wrinkleyass. That is why you are so butthurt ( no pun intended)

• 1|1
  • Because it's trendy. 10 years about it was huge boobs, in the 60's it was wig bone thin. In the 80's it was a curvy fit look. It always changes because the media wants to mix it up.

• You mad, bruh?

• people are obsessed with anal sex

• Well, i think preferences change as years pass. And you can't society and its choices. Seems like you're gona have to live with it ma'am. img3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../...ebob-gif-haters.gif

• You can't change*

• Woah chill, just because Iggy Azalea has a big butt that doesn't mean it's disgusting. I take offense to that. This is what a disgustingly fat butt looks like

www.pensacolafishingforum.com/.../14126d1291435352t-yo-momma-so-fat-big-butt-jpg

• That photo is photoshoped lol. It's been going around the internet for at least eight years now.

• media and porn..