Is 5ft11 a bit too tall for a girl?

is 5feet11 inches a bit too tallish height for a girl?
I am 5feet11 inches and people make me feel so werid :-/

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 6'4." That is a good size for me.

Most guys tend to be fine with people who are just shorter than them. 5'11" is not too tall. My sister is almost 6'1" and she is doing fine.

• wow... do people try and poke fun of her height?

• yeah!! even i AM proud though! many men get intimidated by me though and that hurts me sometimes... if i find him nice cute and appealing an it turns out that he is intimidated by me :-/

• Hmm... is it possibility a personality thing? Like coming on to strong to him?
      As I mentioned, most guys tend to be happy with girls simply shorter than them as far as height is concerned.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. You can't really change it so how do you feel weird about it? Just date someone like 6'1.

• los.. am ok with a shorter guy anyway.. if HE is ok with me!

• There's shorter guys that like taller women just don't tell/remind them that they might obviously be shorter than you. Don't reach things for them either unless they ask it might annoy them. Like Kevin Hart making a joke about a former girlfriend being taller than him and he always got mad at her reaching things for him lol.

• lols.. ok ok... i wil try and keep those things in my mind!

What Guys Said 16

• Yes AND no. It really depends on you, how you carry yourself, and how it affects your standards when it comes to dating. If you're writing off guys the same height or an inch or two shorter than you just because you think the guy has to be taller then yeah I'll just go ahead and say that's a problem because you're limiting your options, missing out on great guys, and being a hypocrite because you don't want to be judged by your height but do the same to guys. Also don't go around slouching trying to make yourself look shorter, it is unattractive and bad for your spine.

• No. Taller women are more graceful.

• nah no way... and screw those people who make comments about yer height.
    personally i like yer height and wouldn't feel uncomfortable even if i'm pretty much shorter

• I like tall girls, that would be perfect for me! though I am 6'3... You just have a limited dating pool because guys usually want a girl who is shorter than them, so you just have to keep an eye out for taller guys.

• i am sure you are truly divine

• It is tall but not exceptional. use it to your advantage

• No, it's fine... I don't consider it weird..

• Yes, yes it is.

• Wear em heels to flaunt those legs, tall chicks hot af lol

• It's upper limit for being a model i guess, if you find it comforting.

• I am 176/ 5'9'' (just found out today lol) and it feels bad

• In fact, I don't mind being with taller girl (I'm only 5' 4"). But, would a taller girl be interested in a shorter guy? Tall girls look really hot, but, I used to consider them like "out of my range".

• No it isn't.

My girlfriend is 6'2, I like her height.

• tall girls are hot!

• No, but as with any other size issue, it defines your choices and others' choices of you. I am also 5'11", and we would see eye to eye on this in more ways than one.

• Well looking at your pic you don't have anything to worry about, you have nice legs and a great butt! :)

• you saw my butt as well :-o

• Yup! Hehe. I'm assuming that's you in the pic in your profile?

What Girls Said 5

• Well, if you are wishing to be taller than your SO/BF/future hubby, then your shopping trip might take longer according to this chart www.google.com/search

I remember in HS that some moms of taller guys would restrict their dating choices to taller gals... as this was "only fair"

That said, opposites attract so I've seen plenty of shorter men preferring the taller gals. Even in dance classes - where underarm turns are made more difficult if the guy isn't taller - are married sorts who report... she objected to me being shorter when dating, so I told her... I'll always wear a hat on our outings!

I have to report that many times this has come in our group and every guy reports that if a tall gal brought the goods he's shopping for, he could easily make the difference in height work out well for both to enjoy.

You might view this as less a problem (if you don't nab Mr. Basketball/Volleyballer) considering the 60"h gal dating a 72"+ guy... that in order to achieve a full frontal bear hub/heavy kiss must either squat, place her on stairs #1 or bend over, lift her airborne (ouch! - taller backs more easily injured!).

Other gals tall in our group report the only weird experiences have been that some guys are of a height that pushes their face into their boobs when hugging or dancing close. A few report pleasure or indifference but others feel it's unsettling. (How about you?)

The more confident tall gals I know claim it's because they joined a sports team suited to their height (volleyball, basketball, swimming, tennis, even golf, etc.) so this reputation precedes them and works well to ingratiate them into social events and makes them a bit more approachable.

• There's no such thing. You don't control what height you're going to be. Ignore people.

• No, you are the same height as I am.

• high Five girl!!
      how do you feel being taller to most men?

• Haha, most tall men I've dated say things like, "It's so nice that you're tall!" They don't have to bend half way over to kiss me. You can have a conversation in a crowded room because you can actually hear each other. You can have more evenly-matched competitions. They don't have to worry about hurting me or crushing me or breaking me.

• and the men shorter to you?

• No such thing as being too tall for a girl!

• No of course not? It's just your height.