:( Is my nose going to ruin everything with my crush?

Sooo, I'm African American (obviously), but I really like this guy who is Caucasian. I personally don't care about the color of a person's skin, but I'm afraid he may think that we're just too... I don't know, "different." This was the first guy that I approached fearlessly, and for some reason he is really special to me. He's become like a best friend who I quickly developed feelings for. Although I've vaguely expressed to him how I feel over a text, I just felt that I wasn't pretty enough to tell him that I liked him in person. So recently I've started to exercise and lose weight, and now that I'm actually starting to believe in myself, there's one feature I have that is seriously discouraging me... and that's the size of my nose. I don't hate my schnoz, but I believe that everyone thinks it's too big and I'm a little paranoid when I'm with him. I just feel as though he's thinking, "you're really cool and all, but your nose is just too gigantic for me... sorry." There's a possibility that this guy has no romantic feelings for me whatsoever, but I can't give up without even trying. I know asking this may seem petty and irrational, but I don't want to waste my time stressing over someone, knowing that they'll never like me simply because of a facial feature. :( Honestly, I just feel as though I'm not that pretty, regardless of my nose... my nose just makes my appearance even worse. <:(

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• i also hated my nose, but then i had a conversations with my best friends uncle who is a plastic surgeon (she got tired of me complaining about it all the time haha)
    people who have wider face have wider noses. its all about proportions. i have a higher forehead but i also have thick eyebrows and big eyes. if you had a smaller nose your proportions would be off. there is a lot of explaining to do here, but im just going to tell you this small part.
    anyways, you look very pretty to me and if guy likes you the last thing he will worry about is your nose. be confident and always smile :)

What Guys Said 5

• Well this is a but awkward but I knew a girl who thought her breast where to small so I'd kiss them and tell her how beautiful they were... but hopefully he does that to your nose.

• lol yeah it was a little awkward, but I understand x) thanks so much for the encouragement ^^ i really need to be more optimistic!

• You are a sweetheart. I can tell just by reading what you said. If he likes you the way you think, then he won't even see any flaws you think you have. If it was me you had feelings for. I would jump at the chance with you

• <:) Thanks so much! That's really kind of you. I guess I just need to believe in myself a little more <:)

• Zlatan approves.

• it is too wide imho.

• Of course you'd be an anonymous dick

• aaw, thanks for being honest, i totally agree with you :/ i wish it were a little smaller in width or just little smaller in general :(

• oh and it's ok tenchu, what he says is true :( i can't change my nose and i refuse to get surgery, I just want to get comfortable with having it I guess :/

• ayyyy squidward.

All honesty, that smile warmed my heart.
    I think if you smile, he won't even notice.
    I can barely notice and I'm supposed to look at it. Just be confident with what you have. you are beautiful.

What Girls Said 1

• Your nose is fine. If he doesn't like you because of your nose he is the wrong guy that you don't need to be interested in. It's really that simple._.

• I know, but it's so hard to encourage myself when my family and friends tell me otherwise :/ but thank you so much, I'm really trying my best to stop tearing myself down :(

• You're going to freak out a little on the inside when you meet the man that adores your nose lol It happens, it feels pretty good too 😂 I don't know why family always has to talk about someone's nose. Mine did the same to my cousin, my grandmother and I. My poor grandmother admitted to me that she would have gotten rhinoplasty if she had the chance. Family can make you dislike yourself for no good reason._.

• Tell me about it! I thought family was supposed to encourage you and teach you to love yourself no matter what. They're the ones who made me confused about my appearance, smh *sigh* Lol but thanks so much though, I will definitely freak out if a guy I like tells me, "girl, your nose is so freaking beautiful!" xD I hope that can happen one day :D and I'm so sorry about your granddma smh family sure can be hurtful sometimes