Are my lips too thin?

A friend of mine always tells me my lips are "flat" , the last time she wanted to put lipstick on them and said "gosh they're so small! Especially your upper lip! She got huuuuuge lips like really really huge ones and she's really insecure I can't argue back unless I want to make her cry, are they really flat? never thought that tbh

Most Helpful Guy

• No.
    GOD NO.
    Don't become one of those mutants who inject their lips with saline and looks like as if they were stung on the lips by a bee.

What Guys Said 14

• I have no why idea why the massive fat lips are so in style right now. I recently learned of this Kylie Jenner character, so if it is related tot that style at all, yours look far better than Jenners'... Please do not get down on them, yes I admit super thin 'chicken lips' are not very attractive, but neither are the ones that take up half your face.. yours look plenty fine!

• Wow thanks I always thought they look gorgeous! Always wanted to have such lips

• Your friend sounds really insecure if she has to bring someone else down to make herself feel better.

Your lips look great!

• No, they're good size, I personally prefer that type of lips. I like your lips.

• You have great lips. I personally prefer smaller, more delicate features on women.

• thank you :)

• With regard to your friend, I'd proceed in this way: If you attack back emotionally, because you feel insecure in yourself, it will be like adding a bunch of gasoline to an already smouldering fire. You will both lose control and you will both say things you regret. There needs to be a middle ground because you have every right to not feel happy about the things she is saying. You have every right to not have people put you down. So stand up for yourself, in the mature way :) Tell her that those kinds of words are cruel and you won't tolerate them any further. You're not referencing her flaws, so you're not stooping to her level to empower yourself. If she disrespects your wishes, and continues with her poison, then really, she's not much of a friend, is she?

• I would say you have fuller lips than most women out there. Your "friend" is just insecure and kind of a bitch.

• No, your lips are perfect in my opinion. Much bigger than that would actually be unattractive.

• No, you're lips are perfect.

• Umm no, you friend needs glasses. Your lips are well proportioned to your face. But what really amazes me are your eyes. Just beautiful

• Yeah, your upper lip is tiny but your bottom isn't that bad. Big lips are where it's at tho.

• no they're fine neither too thin nor too pouty, no need for you to worry

• R u kidding me?
    Marry me please, u r so beautiful ;)

• no ─▒ like them :)

• No they're fine lmao is your friend Kylie Jenner?

• are you kidding? those are the best. big lips like kylie jenner's lips are a turn off, hence the challenge.

• Thanks but how? I always adored her lips ☺

• they are just ugly AF. Big lips are really weird in my opinion and lots of people agree. Look up the kylie jenner challenge and people laugh cause they have big lips

What Girls Said 10

• that's so bitchy wtf lol.

like both of u haha. she insults ur lips, then u say that u could secretly make her cry. what is this?

anyway i think ur lips look fine. if u do want to create the illusion of larger lips, u could always line them with a strong liner that also looks natural.

• I am suprised for still holding back even though i am getting insulted by her everyday and now this, sorry but don't tell me that I'm bitchy for not hurting a person who insults me everyday but okay thanks for your opinion

• no i just mean that it's interesting how y'all r friends but have this secret... I don't know either envy or dislike for each other. if u wanna say something to her, say it. she should know before she takes it too far.
      all I'm saying is that if u wanna confront her dont do it in a way that is painful.

• Don't worry I won't :)

• They're fine. Not everyone is supposed to have plump lips. I naturally have them and I think its ugly and ridiculous when girls pull a Kylie Jenner. Lips are almost always proportional to your face it's safer to keep them that way or try a gloss/lip plumper. Plus what makes a beautiful pair of lips are not JUST the size but the shape.

These lips have a beautiful shape AND size. 40.media.tumblr.com/.../...eatO31r6v1fao1_1280.jpg
    ilarge.lisimg.com/.../968full-thylane-blondeau.jpg
    media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/.../...09c3d77a66cd.jpg

Not to worry.
    A celeb with thin lips I like is Lindsay Lohan before she did the fillers.

• I think you have beautiful lips, so I don't know what your friend is looking at, hah. However, both of you are rather meant towards each other. Maybe you should look into what's causing all of that anger and resentment. I understand you're mad at her for the comments she makes about you, but I don't know why she would say something so rude to you, a friend.

• Thanks and I don't understand either! Never been mean to her and she's only mean to me not to others

• It's just me though.. Nevermind, Thanks for your opinion!

• Nah, not at all, they're max fine.

• it sounds like she's envious of you

your lips look fine. i can see both your lower and upper lip so i don't think they're too thin. should you want the illusion of fuller lips you can always wear a darker lipstick or use liner and draw a line just right outside the lip line.

• No, they look normal to me.

• Your lips are just fine how they are. Trust me, I have seen women with very, very thin lips and yours are not even remotely close to theirs. You have stunning eyes, by the way.

• They are small compared to hers. That's exactly what she is saying.

• Nah they don't look that thin

• Your lips are great! Not too thin, not too big. She's saying they're too thin, because she's comparing them to hers, but not to average lips.