Would you rather peak physically in HS or be a late bloomer and mature later?

I was not the most attractive guy in HS (nor am i now but I can at least walk around without feeling like a freak lol). At 17 I was 5" 5, 130 pounds, had no facial hair, and suffered from moderate acne. Many times when I see people I went to HS with they tell me I have really grown up, or (if its a girl) they tell me I've I look really good since they last saw me. I love it cause I feel like I experienced the awkward stage and understand people who dont develop in HS and are ignored. I never knew what it like to be the star GB, leading scorer in basketball, and ace of the pitching staff while running track at the same time. So I don't know if I was a good athlete and people liked me how my personality would be different today.

Most Helpful Guy

• Peak later... but I think I peaked in HS which worries me.
    I see an ugly (or not so good looking) future ahead hahahaahah xD

• Well I never talked to a girl besides my mom and sister until I turned 19 lol. Girls thought i was 14 when I was 18.

• Ok, I'll check it out. Thanks man ;)

• Thanks for the MHO

What Girls Said 3

• In my experience, late bloomers have more to offer personality wise and are more humble. I'd prefer that.

• Late bloomer for sure.

• Late bloomer. I'm approaching my peak right now.

What Guys Said 2

• Definitely bloom later! People who say high school is the prime time of their lives... end up being losers.

• I noticed a kid aththe bar I haven't seen since I was 14. He was 5" 11 in the 7th grade and when I saw him last week he was the same height and looked the exact same and had no facial hair. He didn't recognize me and I approached him and he was shocked I'm taller than him now.

• Yes guys tend to mature and look better in their 20s than compared to high school. I know many girls I knew in HS have told me I got cuter (really I just gained more muscle and facial hair when in HS I was a twig and always shaved). Teenagers tend to hold a lot of weight towards social life in HS because it's all they know. Then they reach college and beyond and realize those years back then really don't matter at all.