Guys, I am almost 20 years old and never had a serious boyfriend?

I am almost 20 years old and never had a serious boyfriend! I think part of the reason is because I am so shy around men but very outgoing in social situations, perhaps I am a bit intimidating. One of my biggest fears is putting myself out there and being completely shot down or laughed at. I'm not fishing for compliments just curious, maybe trying to work up some nerve here, if I hit on you, would you be flattered or offended? Any tips or advice?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Whenever I see girls ask questions like these, before I even read the description, my first assumption is that they never approached a guy before. Girls feel as though it is impossible for them to "initiate" and then complain when they have been single for a long time. Trust me when I say that guys would be very happy if you made their job easier for once. Women want equality but when it comes to dating, they don't seem to want it and complain when they stay single. I never had anything close to a girlfriend until just under a year ago. I'm shy too, and so are many other guys yet we always put lots of effort into finding relationships, mustering up some courage when needed only to get rejected. Sorry if my assumption about you was wrong but that's usually the case.

• Your assumption is extremely insightful and correct. I never have approached a guy before because I am so terrified of rejection. Very good answer.

• Well I'm glad I could help and yes rejection does suck and to be honest it has really crushed my self esteem but as a guy... it's really my only option. Just gotta suck it up and hope for the best. As a girl, it should be a lot easier because as mentioned before, men would probably be pleasantly surprised that YOU are approaching THEM. The dating game needs to be 50/50. This 95/5 bullshit just makes it very difficult for both parties, men moreso than women though.

What Guys Said 20

• I'm about to hit 26 and never had a relationship. I just don't approach women, like ever. I'm working on that... really...

You look good. Don't worry.

• Just go up and introduce yourself and go from there.

• I don't know why you've never had a serious boyfriend, but you have a gorgeous face and amazing eyes!

• ur attractive so nowise but if u dont try you can succeed , u might just need to show off ur good qualities more, like if ur an artist subtle let people know

• Well I'm 17 and have never had even a "non-serious" girlfriend... so...

• Your time will come for a long term relationship.
    You're really cute and I don't see why you're still single.
    If you or anyone hit on my I would certainly not be offended.
    Tips, just be yourself and don't be something your not

• I would be suspicious as you are way above my league

• you look really cute so if the problem is on your side isn't for the phisical part... are u too picky? too shy... fear? i dont know

• If you are really talkative and outgoing, a lot of guys might be intimidated. They might think that you just want them as friends. Or they might think that when you're flirting, it's just how you normally act and can't tell that you like them.

• You are cuite, i would be flattered if you tried to hit on me. 😀

• Noo.. you look so innocent and friendly!!! i like your eyes

• A) You're gorgeous.
    B) I'm 21 and never had a girlfriend, so don't panic.

• that is really surprising cause I wouldn't think twice before snagging you

• i love to talk with you. if i like you i will surely go on date with you.

• Well your very pretty! I wish I was your boyfriend lol

• guys could be intimidated by you because you are pretty

• Shy problem same with me. You can try something for that.

• Looking good, in my opinion maybe try some bangs good luck

• Show your full body, are you overweight? Or just a big girl? That's the only thing I can imagine to stop you from having a boyfriend cause your face is extremely pretty. Hell you could be a big girl and I still wouldn't care with those eyes.

• Curvy, thick thighs but not fat by any means.

• How's your body? Do you think you can use it as a weapon?

• Curvy but certainly not fat.

• Most guys I know love curves so I'm sure if you put yourself out there you'd do fine! But just be yourself, don't act although you are putting yourself out.
      If you like a guy, let him know!