Am I too tall (5'10)?

I'm 5'10, and I hate it. I heard people calling me 'giraffe', and whenever someone doesn't know my name, they just call me 'the tall girl'. I never thought that I was that tall but apparently I'm wrong. So what do you think? Am I too tall? And do guys really care about height? Thank you

Most Helpful Guy

• The love of my life is 6ft and spent her high school and college years wandering around in tiny flats and hunched over because she was self-conscious about her height. She heard that giraffe comment too, and it's almost as much about loping around hunched over as it is about height.
    It's all in how you carry yourself. With a couple-inch heel she's just eye to eye with me, and when she stands up and proud she's insanely hot. Run with it: buy some boots, throw on a hot dress, let your shoulders up and proud, spend the day at 6-1 or more, and see how people react when you're even taller and *not* hiding it. It's nice up here!

Most Helpful Girl

• Being tall isn't a bad thing at all! I'm six foot one and I've never had any trouble getting a date. It does get frustrating when people always point out your height or pick at it... But that's their issue not yours. I always hated how it seemed socially acceptable for people to make comments about how tall I was, when I would never mention how short they were!!! Haha what a double standard!! I'd never walk up to a midget and say "wow you're short. How short are you?" Seriously? Where's the friggin tact?

Then there's the jokey questions meant to be ice breakers people think are so clever... Like "how's the weather up there?" Oh god if I had a dollar for every time I heard that one!! I always wanted to lean over, scratch my scalp and say "it's snowing..." But that would be just gross... Maybe when I'm old and don't care at all anymore I'll start doing it.

Then there are the questions like "do you play basketball?" NO! I don't!! Sometimes if I'm feeling sassy I'll smirk and respond with a "no actually... But do you play mini golf?" That comment has gotten me mixed reviews. Or "are you really that tall?" I'll say "no I'm actually five foot four I just do this crazy shit with mirrors". I bet you can imagine how well that one goes over.

Embrace your height and stand up tall. An old friend of mine said this to me when I was an awkward, insecure teenager and it's always stuck: "most girls wear the heels, all the make up, and the over done hair because they want to get noticed. You walk in to a room and you get noticed. Don't ever take that for granted".

What Guys Said 8

• 5'10" is definitely too tall! My sister is almost 6'1" and she is still doing alright with guys. I'm 6'4" and 5'10" is a good height for a girl. As for others, many guys are happy with a girl their height or shorter, and many guys are taller than 5'10" so fear not. You are not too tall.

• Instead of seeing it like an insult, see it as a compliment ! Own it ! You are tall and deserve respect ! You look at people from above, the way it should be. I would admire a tall girl who owns it and would find it attractive. If you walk all hunched, trying to be invisible, then you are not helping yourself. Be proud, be tall !

• Some guys prefer girls who are shorter than them including myself, but I'm 6'2". Apart from that I don't think height matters much.

• Don't worry you can still find your Tom Cruise like Katie Holmes lol
    And no your not that much tall it's a decent height and you can do modelling too
    Yaaaay lol😜😊👌

• I don't care about height but yes a lot of shorter guys have trouble with having an SO who is taller them. 5 10 is tall but it isn't too tall there are plenty of tall guys who need someone your height. One of my best friends is 6 5 and he doesn't date short chicks because he is so much taller than them

• Most of the Victoria Secret models are 5'10 and above, no I don't care about height cause your height is perfect for me, I would look weird with 5'0 or 5'1 girls

• @prettygirly91 here read this

• You're the perfect height to me. I'm also 5'10. I absolutely prefer taller women.

What Girls Said 9

• Honestly? I wosh I was your height, I've always wanted to be tall. I think it's cool, don't worry too much about it haha.

• no I'm about 5'9 and it's a decent height for a girl

• no it's not too tall! i'm 5'9 and girls are always telling me they wish they were my height. there are so many advantages. embrace your height and don't let anyone tell you you're too tall.

• You're tall but that's fine. I know many girls your height.

• No, you're not "too tall". A lot of people would love to be your height!

• You're not too tall, but you're tall.

• Im 6ft tall, so i shall say no, not at all. Shortie;)

• I know what you mean :( I'm the same way. It really sucks being a tall woman :( I'm 5'10" as well :(

• The thing of being 'too' tall or short is absolutely ridiculus. It's not like you can choose how tall you're going to be. I mean, you can't choose your hair/eye/skin color either. There is nothing you can do about it so you'll just have to learn how to accept yourself. I am 5'1 and I get called things like 'shorty' or 'little gnome' by my friends sometimes but I don't really care anymore.