Do blondes age really badly?

They seem to lose their looks faster than brunettes and red heads.

Their hair turns gray fast

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Hair color has no bearing on whether someone age faster or not. Skin color does, but not hair color.

If you notice that blondes age faster then I'm sure them being blonde isn't the reason for that (correlation does not imply causation) but its probably because blondes tend to put themselves in predicaments where they are exposed to the sun's UV rays more, such as tanning.

• Not just that but their hair turns gray faster

What Girls Said 11

• I read once that the less melanin you have the more you age badly, so I guess it's not really the fact they are blonde but more because blondes usually have light skin.

• depends on the individual usually but i know that redheads retain their hair colour for more years on average than brunettes and blondes

• There is no correlation...

• Do they? I never noticed lol.

• Maybe you're thinking of the died blonde stereotype where they also use the tanning bed religiously. Or people who live near the beach who have naturally bleached hair from being in the sun often, which also causes skin to age faster.
    Other than that I'd say they age equally.

• No, I actually think its the other way around, blondes (men and women) are better. Look at a blonde guy in his 40s and at a brunett guy in his 40s and you can see the difference.. I love blondes by the way :P

• Most white people age badly.

• Its their diet and being out in the sun.

• Most blondes aren't even blondes. The blondes you see aging badly, are those who try desperately to look like palyboy models, even in their 60'ties.

Also dark hair turns gray faster.

• My friend is a blonde 30 year old she looks 16.
    What I will say is that I can look at a person's features and tell if they will age badly and usually I'm right.

I was wrong about the Olson twins but they've suffered some issues that increase the aging. I think I will right on the money with Lorde (very bad), Taylor Swift (bad), and Selena Gomez (good), Karrueche (very good). I was right about Hilary Duff (bad).

Oh... look at that. Do you see that trend?

• I don't see the difference:D

What Guys Said 2

• Darker haired people actually on average have their hair turn grey faster than blondes or redheads. Also Christie Brinkley; she's in her 60's and she looks better than most women in their 20s or 30s.

Yes I'm a little biased because I'm blond...

• not reallt a lot of factors play into this such as life style and diet