Why is every girl pretty... and then there's me?

All my friends are pretty, and every girl I know is pretty. Sometimes I just sit on instagram and look at attractive people, and it makes me feel so depressed.

Seriously... I hate my face and body. I'm naturally thin and have like no boobs... and my face is just hideous.
I cut myself because of my self-image being so poor. This affects my whole life. I'm taking the SAT's soon, and I need good grades in school.. I can't be thinking about this ll the time.

Help?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's so weird how concerned I was about my looks when I was younger. Now I don't give a shit. 7 billion people in this world. it's easy to find someone awesome. I'm a guy of decent looks. I'd rather be with a girl that has a great personality than someone that is more concerned with how pretty they are.

• Hey I'm not the only weird guy that cares more about a personality

What Guys Said 13

• Have in mind that there will be always someone who finds you pretty. Don't compare yourself to others, it's bad for you. Be yourself, your face what you have, your body is what you have. There's always someone who will like it, if you stop caring about it you'll see things more clearly and you'll even be able to see the ones who will actually think you're pretty.

• Stop cutting - it's immature and illustrates a weak mind susceptible to peer pressure. There are other healthier ways of dealing with insecurity and self-image problems. Deal with it. Throw yourself into hobbies or whatever makes you happy. Your value as a human being is measured by vastly more than your looks.

As for your body, don't worry about it. Even allegedly ugly girls fall in love. After all, we keep getting new generations of ugly people which means their ugly parents had to be doing some fucking...

• You are most probably very beautiful. Some ladies just can't see it in themselves. It's as if they always believe they are looking in one of those funfair crazy mirrors that distorts everything. Slim body and small boobs are my favourite, and it's the same for many other guys. I wish there was a pic we could look at so you'd know we had something to assess fully!

• Stop cutting yourself. That will just make things worse. Realise how dumb that is.

You're probably just too self conscious and you look fine.

Lots of guys like thin girls. Thin girls are 1000 times better than fat girls.
    Even if a thin girl has an ugly face which I doubt you actually do, she is still better than a chubby girl with a beautiful face.

Boobs are not a big deal. In fact, the smaller the better cause they will still look good when you get older.

• How old are you?

• I think we all judge ourselves way more harshly than others do. My girlfriend goes on and on about how handsome I am, and I don't really believe her. Love will change the way you view things. So, basically, young woman, don't judge yourself too harshly,

• Dont supposé you would share a picture? I'm curious now.
    Anyways, the male population has a very eclectic consept of beauty, dispite what media portrays. If you are reletivly healthy, I'm sure someone admires your look

• If I knew you and it wasn't creepy like if we were both the same age I'd high you. A lot of my female friends cut... I know the feeling of seing them in anguish I'm sorry.

• The very attractive people are a minority. Also, beauty doesn't last; you'd be better off worrying about your career.

• You're probably just an ugly duckling. Wait it out

• Jesus Christ! Why do people cut? WHY?

Stop feeling sorry for yourself, think of the people in this world that don't even have food or water. Kids born into war zones.
    There are always people in a worse situation.

So why care about Instagram? Focus on your career on school. Make something of your life and of yourself and work your butt off!

You can work on your image, gym etc but is that really important?

• I'm actually a competitive tennis player who has a 3.8 GPA. Just because I practice 4 hours a day and attend a private school, doesn't mean I can't still cut myself or have issues...

• 16
      filler

• The prettiest girls are the most insecure, and you seem very insecure.

You'll never get anywhere if you compare yourself, there's always someone better.
      Just think to yourself "I'm enough, happy as I am".

Are you worried about guys liking you?

• Stop comparing yourself to photoshopped images.
    99% of instagram is digitally enhanced, just like every commercially produced photograph is.

• You probably need a good haircut. Also this "every girl is pretty" sentiment is only because "pretty girls" are the ones that broadcast themselves loudly, thus the ones you see from more. Try not giving a fuck about what other people think of your looks and more about what you think or say. Stand by your convictions. Or become a self deprecating cynic. These pretty girls will pay in the future, psychologically or otherwise.

What Girls Said 9

• Let me tell you this: instagram is not a window into what people really look like. I used to have self image problems, but let me tell you something: there are more important things than looks, and you CANNOT hate yourself pretty. You can't cut yourself pretty, or put yourself down enough and become pretty. I know it feels like the easiest way to make yourself feel better, but it is NOT going to help you. One of the most unattractive things in the world is not loving you for exactly who you are.

You can work on what you can change, and accept what you can't. Because learning to love and accept yourself is an EXTREMELY intoxicating quality that can make you far more attractive than you realize. Besides, like a said: being pretty doesn't make you a good person, and being "not pretty" by whoever's standards is not the worst thing you can be - a piece of shit is. I'm sure you look absolutely fine, and I promise you there is somebody out there who would find you stunning, you just have to be open to accepting that there's nothing wrong with you.

I really hope you seek out help for your self harming issue however because that doesn't exactly help you in the attractiveness department; I have a friend whose arms are permanently scarred beyond repair and trust me, you do not want that. She would have to get skin graphing to fix it. Not to mention how harmful it is to you. Please reach out to a counselor or even an online help group - heck you can message me if you need even somebody to talk to. Just don't let "prettiness" be the reason you harm yourself, it isn't worth it.

• firstly, u r not alone. especially at ur age.

secondly, m sure ur beautiful, but ur the only one who doesn't c urself that way. i know this because we are our harshest critics, even if the whole world was to tell us we're beautiful.

u know, even if u were gorgeous, u would get criticised or hated on anyway. my sister showed me this clip. i recommend u watch it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWTRwj9t-vU

you are gorgeous. believe it. as long as ur living healthy and happy, u have no reason to feel down. think of other little girls around the world getting sexually, verbally and physically abused. dont take ur life, ur image or ur health for granted.

• Well cutting yourself isn't doing anything to help you in the looks department. It's making it worse. Just saying.

But I was (am) an unattactive person... unless I let my cousin do my hair and makeup lmao

You haven't given yourself a chance to grow into your looks. And you're kind of destroying them now by self harming.

• I'm thin ad have no boobs and my face is pretty awful as well, at least in my mind it is. You'll find someone who will make you change your mind about yourself and help you get through whatever you're going through.

• You do know instagirls have professional make up artists, photographers, filters and Photoshop.

A lot of women are thin with no boobs, I have never seen a truly hideous face.

I think you would benefit from counseling.

• Comparing yourself to others is a cruddy idea. You need to stop cutting. It's not going to fix anything comadre.

• aw, the guys are being really nice on this.

• Aww when i read your question i just felt like hugging you 💙

Appearances can be improved, but what you can't change... you have to change how you respond to it. Stop concentrating on other people's appearance that isn't going to improve yours and it is lowering your self- esteem.

Focus on you future.. your goals and dreams.

• Focus on the SAT, so you can get into a good school and get a good job that pays well and then you an get all the plastic surgery you want to make you pretty