Why do girls care about a guys looks really?

I mean if girls keep saying stuff like:I care about a guys personality, not his looks and afterwards she is just handging out with a handsome guy then it makes me belive girls lie about what they are looking for in a guy. I've seen this type of girls a lot and even tho i´m funny, smart and outgoing i never seem to be lucky.
By the way aren't females the ones who are supposed to be beautiful, not guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is totally sexist, completely and utterly sexist. No, girls are NOT the ones "supposed" to look beautiful. You're misunderstanding something in here. Most girls say that because if they say they care about looks, they will be called shallow. Joke is on guys anyway, since they literally care about nothing but looks when it comes to "picking" a girlfriend; to you guys, it's just like picking a Barbie doll. Guys keep chasing good looking girls and end up whining that "all girls are ***** and care about nothing but looks." I'd say that for both genders, they claim to only care about personalities not to be called shallow, but the truth is you can't go date a prertu face with an ugly personality. Also, some can't really date not so good looking people hanging on to the excuse of "they have a nice personality". Picking a partner is not a competition; it's based on preference.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well the look is the first thing which attracts the girl If you were given 2 cakes: One well cylindircal and one which went through a mixer, which one would you choose?
    Same ingredients, same recipes.
    You would obviously go for the 'intact' cake because it's appealing, regardless of how it taste, how it was made, etc.

Looks is what makes a girl come to you. Personality is what makes a girl want to know you. Compatibility is what makes a girl stay.

What Girls Said 3

• Lately, I've found I can't build an attraction to someone, unless I get to know them as a person. Not even a superficial attraction. Just won't happen. I don't crush any more, I don't generally find anyone appealing, based solely on looks.
    Essentially it is only personality that matters now... and I don't really like people after I get to know them for the most part, either.

• So that I'll have the urge to fuck him?
    Are you fucking serious?
    Most people need physical attraction. Damn.

• dont act like you would date a girl based entirely off her personality it bullshit when people say that. everybody cares about looks.

• Lol if there are so many girls caring about a guys looks then explain why some guys are born ugly. There are other things that have an impact aswell just saying. Ok lets say you meet a handsome looking dumb guy who couldn´t read or count. Would you spend the rest of you life with him just becuse he is handsome or would you rather spend you life with someone average who is smart, has a good job and knows how to please you in bed.

• Well if he is just as good looking and smart as you are saying then maybe you should keep watching over him to make sure he doesn't find a replacement for you. I'm stating facts, If you find him that attractive then other girls will probobly aswell and they may be interrested in him to so i think you should appreciate what you've got becuse you probobly will never find someone like him.

• No I don't know if I will. Because every guy that I ever felt attracted to I felt I had to act a certain way and I don't have anxiety or feel anxious when I talk to him. I say whatever comes to mind. 😊

What Guys Said 4

• Do you care about a womans looks? Why would a woman date a man who is ugly? Just like you dont date a woman who is ugly.

• Yes but i thogh that womens only cared about how a man looked becuse of how the media tells us to judge and also i think girls weren´t like that during the 1700-century becuse media didn´t tell them what´s beautiful and not. Ofcourse media has influenced everyone and it has forced people into associate good looks with intelligence, money when it´s not true in all cases. Look at Bill Gates, Einstein, Abraham Lincoln. They didn´t have good looks but were still successful in life. On the other hand Che Guevara was good looking and he became known for his Revolution. In all honestly i think relationships were easier before the 1900-centuries.

• True looks matter to women but not as much as they do for guys since guys are more fixated into how a girl looks while a girl is more into personality so she won´t just choose a dumb guy who can´t have a good personality to entertain her with. But in my opinion it is just wrong:Girls should care about a mans personality not his looks since it is not a mans job to be good looking, it´s a womans job. The mans job is to just please her.

• There you said it. To please her. If she is not attracted to you, you won't be able to please her. I mean look at wolves, the females always want to mate with the strongest most muscular wolf with the best posture. It's just the way it is. But also its the entire package. A man who is good looking but stupid will be unattractive to a woman after a while. But a man who is average but very smart an has a good personality will be extremely hot to a woman. It's the entire package. Don't put too much emphasis on it. Just work with the looks you have and keep being you and you'll find a woman who thinks you are most attractive to her.

• You can't engage in sexual acts or have a relationship with someone if they look like michael jackson's anus. Attraction is in our genes.

• Lol i find that unfair tbh since only a handful of people can get to choose from the majority of people and they can afford to be rejected once in a while becuse they know that they can still have someone else without a doubt. But lucky we have surgery to make people more attractive.

• To be honest. if you aren't 100% ugly. You'll find the person suitable for you. She's out there brother. You must be willing to look.

• But the sad thing is that someone who is taken may find me attractive and what if she is 1 out of 100 000 in my town. I mean having surgery could maybe work out. It's not like i will be the only guy who is 18 who will be willing to change the way i look. There are lots of people who have done surgery already but i'l find it to be sad that i have to go this far in order to attract as many girls as a hot mean abusive guy does.

• human psychology... duh... if you're ugly, then accept it. with acceptance comes peace.

• I´m average but i'm still wondering becuse i can't take rejection becuse of the way i look and if i had money for surgery then i would have done it a long time ago.

• Why do you care about a girls looks?