Guys, would you still want to hang around someone if you found out they had self-harm scars? Or would you be totally freaked out by it?

I'm a girl, 16 and I used to self harm and I know it looks gross. Recently I've found it really hard to get to know new people because I'm so worried that they'll judge me or get weirded out when they found out about my scars. It's really starting to bother me and I wish that I could just not care what people think but I'm gonna end up graduating without any close friends and this actually scars me

Most Helpful Guy

• It would bother me at first but I would get over it once I got to know her.
    If she needed to talk I'd be there anytime , no matter what.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know a few of my friends that self harmed. I still hang around them after they stopped. I didn't treat them different.

What Guys Said 2

• just make sure you don't do it anymore. It was tolerable around young teenagers, but as we got older, it got old.

• Scars are just receipts for experience if they can't see them that way and be true friends then they don't deserve yours.

What Girls Said 3

• I think that the scars of self harming aren't important if you understand that it's wrong doing it. For example I know girls that used to cut themselves before years. Now these girls still have scars but they have much friends too.

• Thankyou. I know self harming isn't a good thing

• I would think the person is mentally and emotionally unstable.

• I wouldn't care, cause I have some scars myself (not from self harm). Our scars tell our stories.