I'm 5'11 and feel like my body shape is square and my round tummy makes me really unattractive. Opinions?

I've lost around 20 pounds this past 8 months and I'm at a stage where I am still really insecure about my body as I feel fat and constantly have a bloated stomach. also I don't have the ideal curves and I find that my body shape is quite square. any opinions would be appreciated and please don't hold back! ( I am also really anxious to actually wear a bikini on my holiday and am unsure wether I should switch to a one piece suit) I'm around 5'11

I don't want to sound stupid but would you say my body type is attractive? Honesty please! Lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey you worked hard for it , don't hide it.
    20lbs is a LOOOOOT of weight.
    ROCK it if ya wanna!

Now I'm not a girl so I wouldn't know what is the 'norm' where people starting wearing 2 pieces but I suppose sometimes if you wanna wear something you just gotta wear it eh?

I ain't the biggest dude , but god damn wearing compression shirts to the gym feels guuuuuuuud. So I wear it either way. Not a single FARK is given.

• This may sound stupid, but you said you don't know what the norm for 2 pieces is ( I don't either haha) but would you say that at a pool or something you'd look and think that a bikini wasn't a good decision? As I don't like fit, slim and curvy like other women? thanks X

• Ehh... I don't know. 2 pieces are cool and all but , I like them one pieces with a good graphic design better.
      The graphics that accentuates your curves and gives it that sorta... flow to the sight line.
      http://i.imgur.com/SL11u2v.jpg

You start from the top... it... look I'm just gonna say boobs.
      You start from the boobs. The diverging lines creates an illusion of width as if the boobs are pushing the fabric away.
      Then you move to the waist... the converging lines accentuates the narrowing waistline.
      Then you move to the hips , the lines diverge again and emphasize the hip.

Creating a sort of hourglass shape simply through smart graphic design.
      http://i.imgur.com/le8hDfW.jpg
      You really can't beat the hourglass shape. Hell , men do the same with V-taper shirts. That's wide up top and tight down the waist.

I like those better than 2 pieces to be honest.

Showing skin is cool and all but... it's all about the silhouette I think.

Just my personal opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• That is not a "bloated" stomach by any reasonable assessment. That bit of tummy fat that vexed you is really just a soft place for a boyfriend to rest his head. Guys don't see that as weight to lose. They see it as feminine softness they are pleased you have.

Never mind that you have legs that many would kill for. Your physical insecurities are entirely unfounded. Be proud of yourself and your body. Loving yourself will show others the way to love you.

• Just do some abs exercises and light cardio to tone thing sup. Throw in some squats and you'll be super hot soon :) Believe in yourself, because I do.

• Honestly. You have what I consider the perfect body type.

Tall. Excellent leg/torso ratio. Athletic/slim. I think if you just stood a little taller, with better posture, you will draw out more of your feminine physique.

• You have a great healthy looking body, I would keep going, eat properly and exercise. In time you will get the curves you want. Go lift things :)

• You're fine; you're far from having anything to worry about. Wear the bikini: society will thank you for it.

• If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean society will thank me for it ☺️?

• I imagine your body will look good to a lot of people and they will be happy they saw it.

• Your body is 'banging',

shame you didn't provide a rear view...

• YOu're not the most voluptuous woman I've ever seen, but you look good. You don't stand proud though. That doesn't help. Go for the bikini.

• I don't want to sound stupid lol but what would you say standing proud is?

• Hard to explain really, but you look sort of embarrassed by your body. A more shoulders back, chest out kind of thing is prouder. You have a nice body, you don't care that they see it, You're cool with yourself. You know?

• Not at all! That looks alright!

• Seriously, your tummy looks great. Breasts? Maybe not as much. Note that breasts are a matter of *proportion* rather than absolute size. You have a larger frame at 5 foot 11.

I am being bluntly honest here (see breasts above), so when I say your stomach looks great, I mean it.

• Yeah I'm not strong in the breast department😭😅 haha!!

• Don't lose anymore weight.. pretty hot where you're at there. :)

• o wow you have really nice height!!!

• That legs areeee DAMN PERFECT <3

What Girls Said 1