Why are people so miss informed about the hourglass shape?

For some reason everyone thinks to believe if you have big boobs you are an hourglass. An hourglass is a sillhouette/ shape of your body. It's not about big boobs, it is about the natural cover of your OVERALL body You have broad shoulder matching broad hips and a small waist. Having big boobs is just an extra. It is the shoulder to hip measurements, not boob to hip. When did it ever become boob to hip measurement?

I have a very hourglass shaped sillhouette with the long legs too. My body measurements are 36 (boob measurement)-26-39 so most people would say i'm a pear. 39-26-39 if i measure my hips and shoulders, Even if they were to look at me and see I look like an hourglass, they would still say I'm a pear just because of my "measurmeents" which literally hold no substance or meaning, oppose to looking at the whole body

does any other girl have this problem ! why are people so ignorant

Most Helpful Guy

• From a ways away, people can't 'measure'. We simply go by what we see and if your shoulders match your hips you're an hourglass. Easy enough. Those others who simply look for a reason to argue otherwise do it only for attention and should be brushed away. The big boobs, curvy hips is a stereotypical "she's sexy" kind of look and thus gets pushed on all other forms of hourglass shapes. To me, if it looks like an hourglass, it's an hourglass. Pear and apple are distinct enough to recognize, and the ignorant people you meet must live under a rock.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude, why the hell are you so worked up about this? An hourglass shape is usually referred to a female with a balanced top and bottom, now just the same measurements of hips and shoulders. Even if you have same sized hips and shoulders that doesn't make you an hourglass. Boobs and ass actually count in this because, believe it or not, a body shape doesn't only mean your just skeletal frame. It means your ENTIRE body composition which means: bones, FAT, and muscle.
    Like, accept your ass is bigger than your boobs (from what you've provided with measurements)

What Guys Said 5

• The thing is when women gain and lose weight their shapes change as well.
    I had a girl with a pear shape body, then she lost weight and it became hour glass, then lost some more and it became cone shaped.

See chart below for reference.

www.brainyweightloss.com/.../female-body-shape.jpg

• People don't seem to understand what bone structure is.

• there is a lot of confusion... some confuse chubby with curvy. some confuse chubby or curvy with fat. people are stupid just don´t deal with those and you´re good xD

• What on earth are you getting so up tight about this TOTALLY worthless label for - that's the real question!

You're an hourglass like I'm a typing penguin - go look at an hourglass - is the arse end noticeably larger than the top? No? Thought not. You can tell yourself you're an hourglass if it makes you happy, it doesn't make it true, and it DOES NOT MATTER anyway!

Now, I would respectfully suggest you stop calling people ignorant just because they don't choose to share your view, find yourself something that's actually worth spending brain time on, and calm down.

Sincerely,
    Delores the juggling catfish

• Post a pic of your body so we can tell if you are hourglass or pear.

What Girls Said 7

• Honestly, I don't think it matters. There is no law that states you have to have x, y, and z to consider yourself a certain shape. However, most people DO consider the hourglass shape to be a body that hits it's smallest point at the waist with larger hips.

I don't think anyone is "ignorant" for thinking that an hourglass shape is a certain way because it's all just a matter of perception, none of us are queens of the body shape brigade so we can't dictate what is or isn't an hourglass shape, you included.

• Sounds like you're trying to be a special snowflake, especially in your comments on opinions. "you're not a REAL hourglass, I am"

Acting so defensive about something nobody cares about just makes it seem like you're trying to convince yourself and everyone else.

• There are some people who think it's more about having wide shoulders than having big boobs and say you can never be an hourglass with narrow shoulders, big boobs, small waist and big hips.

• Why do you even care? Lol

• Im 35" 24" 36". My boobs are small side of average but im still hourglass

• A true hourglass figure is pretty rare (only ~8% of women have one). I'm sure that number would be much higher if women used shoulder measurement as a guide to determining body shape. Most websites indicate that in order to be an hourglass your BUST measurement must be the same as your hips with a 10+ inch difference between both. Shoulder measurement means nothing in this case. Otherwise, a lot of women would be hourglasses. (Ex: Demi Lovato is a pear even though she has broad shoulders). I'm 34-24-37, but I'm still a pear even though my shoulder measurement is much bigger than my bust.

• You are delusional

• My measurments are 32" 24" 34" and if it was my shoulders-waist-hips then it would be 34" 24" 34". I am 5'2" and 99 lbs. does that make me an hourglass? HELL TO THE NO. I have a thigh gap but that doesn't mean that my thighs aren't thicker than arms.

It's just like shakira, she clearly has the same hourglass measurments (34" 24" 34") but guess what honey, she is a PEAR shaped woman.

• i have an OVERRALL hourglass silhouette you dont. So clearly i wasn't talking about you

• That doesn't make any sense. Again, you're delusional. Most people tell me I have a silhouette like that too but I don't buy into it.

You should stop lying to yourself, you would be happier. The faster you learn you're not an hourglass the faster you'll forget all of your nonsense.