Why does it seem young women prefer "dumpy" looking guys?

I don't imply to be rude or judgmental here but it's an observation of mine. My son is in his 20's and has friends who have gorgeous girlfriends and these same guys are unkempt, overweight, unshaven and look like something out of a dumpster lol. What happened to girls liking 6 pack abs or "tall, dark and handsome"?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's because these men often have good money, so that's why.

I see it all the time too. My parents notice it and even my grandpa noticed it.

Money really does talk.

What Girls Said 6

• There's more to a guy than just his overall looks. Personality matter too, plus every girl is attracted to a different look in a guy. And as of now any guy that meets those qualities that girls "use to want" are usually fuckboys and I don't think any girl wants to be used only for sex.

• Unkempt and overweight.. total turn off.. unshaven is fine tho.. can look hot..

• They probably knew each other from high school or since they were 5 years of age :P

• It's probably how they treat these women. They must seem to treat them well.

• I still love 6 packs yummy

• Well 6 pack abs are still great to look at and touch but if the personality is shitty I'd get really bored so I don't really mind the body shape but I'm very picky about height cause I'm 176cm

What Guys Said 3

• what does your definition of "gorgeous girlfriends" look like

• Girls who you might see on a sports illustrated magazine (OR slightly uglier than those women.)

• If you ask me, the world is going to hell in a hand basket, and relationships aren't any different. Girls used to like the tall dark and handsome, nowadays it's just booty calls and get it when I can attitude.

• is your son funny?