Do I look my ethnicity?

I'm 77% African 20% European 2%Native American 1%Asian

Do I look my ethnicity?

Most Helpful Guy

• You look African yea but because your mixed a little, your features are slightly 'less black' If that makes sense

And yes that's why your boyfriend is dating you even though he likes white girls. You don't look 100% African because your not lol

• @TripleAce - No, that really doesn't make any sense considering the extremely wide range of differing features that blacks have. That's one race that no one can claim "they all look alike" with different skin colors, nose shapes, hair types, eye shapes and colors to name a few. Which of her features look "less black" and which ones look just regular black... to you?

And what are your ideas of "black features" anyway? I'm very curious.

• @TripleAce - that's true for many, and not true for just as many. The range of differences in blacks is so wide that it's impossible to put them all in any one category except they're all mostly negroid race (if you buy the whole different human races thing). They don't all look like the athletes we see in the sports world. But, if that's what you see mostly, well... you can only go by what you see and are exposed to. Black's physical features vary more than any other race based on my exposures, followed by Asians/mongoloid which includes many Latino and Native American and Pacific Islanders and other asiatics and Australasians. Hmmm maybe it's Asians that vary more? Anyway, very very difficult to stereotype either group (though we do, based mostly on what the media feeds us and/or what our surroundings/environments expose us to). Basically, we having seen every type of negroid or mongoloid., or the average person hasn't. And wouldn't without some interested study and investigation.

• Sorry! This isn't all directed at you or anyone in particular. I'm just fascinated by this stuff and have lived among Asians a long time and have done some study but I can still see where you're coming from too. @TripleAce.

What Guys Said 21

• You look good but its not 1st time i saw those percentage, am i missing something? how did you calculated it?

• Interesting numbers. Must've taken a great amount of time to calculate. You look wonderful. That's beautiful skin you got.

• 1% Asian. holy shit how did that happen?

• Are you asking if you look African? Yes. Ethnicity can go deeper though like which African country you're from. Since culture is closely related to ethnicity. For example the Camarroons and Etiopians and Egyptians are all Africans of differing ethnicities and cultures.

So what do you mean when you say "ethnicity"? If you were born in American and brought up in American culture, your ethnicity is American unless you know what African country your lineages are from, and practice some of the cultures your heritages handed down.

This is my opinion, perspective based on your question. What do you feel your ethnicity is, or what do you know it to be? Or I can wait til you reveal to all. I'm intrigued and genuinely curious.

Glad to see a WOC asking, anyway.

• @Asker - sorry. In totally F'd that up. It was meant for TripleAce😕

• Wow... I can see some of all the ethnicities you mentioned. And I think you look drop-dead gorgeous.

• 77% African. Since it's mostly African, yes, you look your ethnicity.

• Well that is a mix with a wonderful result ! You look gorgeous !

• Yes. You look like you have more black than the other with beautiful skin.

• You gave different percentages so what ethnicity do you claim? You look black (obviously) majority of African decent. So yes you do.

• Whatever you want to call yourself, it looks HAAAAWWT to me! ;^)

• You look beautiful

• yes you do, how did you calculate the exact percentage of your ethnicity lol?

• me too / im mixed ;)

• I think you`re just %70 African %30 Europen. Not American or Asian.

• yes, but you still look ugly.

• you must be joking!!! wtf is 2% native American and 1% asian? gtfo!

• I'm not sure, but, you're gorgeous

• I wish I was native American, that's awesome!

I'd say you looked black or you could be duel heritage.

• Wow! You look great!

• Are the percentages really necessary? Do you even know if you are actually "1% Asian" or "2% Native American"?
    Be real here.

• And would it matter even if accurate? I mean, do you practice any ethnic Asian cultural anything in your life? Any Native American? Even any African culture things? I guess it's nice to know, but to what point. "Hey I'm less black than you so I'm above you or better?" I wonder as well @chuppachup. Not saying that's the Asker's mentality, I just wonder what knowing those percentages really does for one.

• @Gojira

Who's to say that she won't go and study those cultures and familiarize herself with them? Even if it is by a small percentile? If it intrigued her to find out her background to this extent then she just might do these things.

I'm part Irish and I absolutely do not think I'm above anyone because of my other cultures but I very well do celebrate and take pride in every part of who I am.

• @DivaMonea - Maybe she will. That would make knowing at least that much more worth the effort, in my opinion. In would, if I cared enough to put forth the effort to find out the numbers.

For me, i need DNA test results to help me determine who I am and be proud of it. I create who i am. That's up to me, everyday. Not DNA. That's what I am. That's done. Can't change it. History. Does not determine who I am today or will be in the future. I determine who i am and who I will be. Me. Not DNA or my ancestors or their origins and where they were. It's what i do today that makes me who i am. It's who I am today that I'm proud of. Not what I am. And that's my position on that.

• Shit! You look GOOD!!!

What Girls Said 5

• You're very beautiful but from what I can tell you mostly appear to be black/African.

I'm not sure if you mean actually African or African American if just African then that would make since but if you're African American I'm guessing either your mom or dad is dark skinned and that trait is pretty strong.

I'm very surprised that you possess that much European in you and I'm even more surprised that you only possess 2% of Native American because even of you did possess more more often than not it not really a trait that shown in black people if it's anywhere less than 25%.

But anyways you are a very pretty girl :)

• And good job finding out every bit of your DNA and ethnicity

• Super pretty.

• I don't think people understand how dna tests work. If you have 1% Asian then of course you won't look Asian, black genes are also dominant. You can have a mixed child that looks full black, and some mixed people have children with black people and the cycle continues, that's how you can have certain racial preferences from mixed ancestors.

• I would have never have guessed European or Asian. But you are seriously gorgeous.

• You're frauding with those percentages but yeah you do look mostly African with a little bit of European in there.